Moratorium on Gaston's threads

Anthony

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Anthony
I demand a moratorium on all Gaston's thread. See post in "Cool Places to Fly." This is OUT OF CONTROL.

Ohhhh Chuuuuuuck.

Anthony said:
I demand a moratorium on all Gaston's thread. See post in "Cool Places to Fly." This is OUT OF CONTROL.

Ohhhh Chuuuuuuck.

Just think what we can say about them while they're out, ignoring the computer :D

wsuffa said:
Just think what we can say about them while they're out, ignoring the computer :D

I'm going to sneak in there and steal all their tiedowns! :vomit:

Well, Sunday morning I'm flying down to Lodi, CA, for a breakfast and concert with Randy Sparks (founder of The New Christy Minstrels) and his new cowboy group, the Bear Back Riders of America.

Maybe we could call it Gaston's West ...? :D

-- Pilawt

wsuffa said:

:rofl: Who said anything about ignoring the computer? They have broadband at Gaston's. Just wait til we start uploading the pictures and videos. :rofl:

wsuffa said:
NOT A CHANCE!!!!

We'll have Ethernet in the rooms!

I wonder if it connects to anything. :rolleyes:

mikea said:
NOT A CHANCE!!!!

We'll have Ethernet in the rooms!

I wonder if it connects to anything. :rolleyes:

DOS time! :hairraise:

I don't understand this Gastons stuff. I never heard of it before I started reading this board (and the red board.)

I am a new pilot and I fly in New England. What is the deal with Gastons? I see all the posts about it and it sounds like everyone goes there all the time.

gmwalk said:
I don't understand this Gastons stuff. I never heard of it before I started reading this board (and the red board.)

I am a new pilot and I fly in New England. What is the deal with Gastons? I see all the posts about it and it sounds like everyone goes there all the time.
It's a fly-in launched a couple of years ago primarily as a way for webboarders to meet each other. (Diana Richards is social coordinator.) We just pick a weekend in the summer and go to Gastons, which is a resort in northern Arkansas with its own grass strip. For more, visit www.gastonsflyin.com.

Few years ago folks were chatting on the board about linking up somewhere in the mid south. Lots of suggestions about different places.

I had recently visited Gaston's with my nieces and had a video of flying in. Chip posted it on his site. Lots of folks looked at it and thought it was pretty neat! Still, a lot of other places were discussed, but after some back and forth, several folks just decided to fly in there one weekend--Diana was definitely an instigator!! Many others joined in and we all just kind of flew up there. Diana and Tom were there, Bill S, Dr. Bruce, Lance and lots of other folks. I flew in with a dad, son and friend. Many of us really enjoyed the informal area, meeting other board members we had chatted with many times and seeing each other's planes and chatting 'bout them.

Some of us have done several other things together since this and become good friends! It's not a sponsored, ad driven, event. Just some of us that really have a lot in common meeting. Lots of different skill levels; different planes; interesting folks.

Since I first went, the dad that first went with me passed, and it's become a nastolgic event for some of us to remember how much he enjoyed the trip and the place.

Last year, the timing didn't work for me as I was on an annual trip with my nieces. This year, plan to be there and see some of the neat folks on this board again. I still owe Diana a ride from a couple years ago and she 'never' forgets!!

Best,

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
I still owe Diana a ride from a couple years ago and she 'never' forgets!!
Absolutely! I don't always remember what day it is, but I remember that you promised to take me flying someday! :yes:

gmwalk said:

Its an evil place. You don't want to know.

Back