Mooney Partnership at RHV

Did you see what all it had Len..It has everything! :) Someday my mooney wants to grow up and be like that one.

Oooh speed brakes... :) Those look like fun.

Nice looking, nicely equipted aircraft!

1988 MOONEY M20L/ Liquid Cooled 351 Rocket. Low time airframe, 230 hour conversion. King IFR, KFC 150 AP/FD, stormscope. Long body like on Bravo and Ovaition

Asking price $179K

Len

Michael said:
Did you see what all it had Len..It has everything!

Yeah, that plane looks to be very VERY nice. I'd seriously consider if it were near here.

OK, I know this is an ancient thread, but I saw another "351 Rocket" conversion, and I tried to find info on the 351 conversion and couldn't.

Does anyone know of a site with info on the 351 rockets??

i talked to a guy once who had a 414 with liquid cooled engines. in fact it was part of a high end flying club in the chicago area. he said the mechanics were constantly chasing coolant leaks.

i talked to a guy once who had a 414 with liquid cooled engines. in fact it was part of a high end flying club in the chicago area. he said the mechanics were constantly chasing coolant leaks.

I'd be willing to chase a few coolant leaks if the 351 Rocket prooved to be faster than the Acclaim Type S. What I'm afraid of however, is that the aerodynamic drag of the radiator would negate the HP advantage that the 351 has over the Type S and end up being slower.

Back to my original question, Does anyone have info on the 351 Rocket??

EDIT: I called up Rocket engineering and spoke to one of their engineers.

They did do a 351 Rocket, but only did 5 planes, then Continental quit supporting the program, so the 5 people who have these planes may have difficulty getting spare parts. :-/

According to the guy I spoke to, the 351 Rocket is faster than the Acclaim Type S, but has a much higher fuel burn rate. The Acclaim gets its speed through aerodynamics, the 351 Rocket by plowing its way through the air.

EDIT: I called up Rocket engineering and spoke to one of their engineers.

They did do a 351 Rocket, but only did 5 planes, then Continental quit supporting the program, so the 5 people who have these planes may have difficulty getting spare parts. :-/

According to the guy I spoke to, the 351 Rocket is faster than the Acclaim Type S, but has a much higher fuel burn rate. The Acclaim gets its speed through aerodynamics, the 351 Rocket by plowing its way through the air.

I own two Mooney Rockets with one being a 1991 M20M "351". All I can say is that it is an awesome aircraft and is my favorite of the two! If you have any specific questions, let me know...Jason

Before I realized how old this thread was, I clicked on the link. This is what I got:

attachment.php

Attachments

• screengrab.jpg
    screengrab.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 38
Back