Mooney M20R POH

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Hey folks,

I'm in search of a POH (er, PIM, the unofficial version) for a 1996 Mooney Ovation. My usual source of PIM's, Essco Aircraft, doesn't have them. PilotMall does, but there's a 1994 version (Mooney P/N 3600) and a 1999 version (Mooney P/N 3800). Which one is correct? Is the 3800 version for the Ovation2 (which debuted in 2000)? Or is it simply an updated one for the Ovation "1"?

If somebody has one they could scan and email to me, that'd be even better - I might be going to pick up the plane in just a couple of days. (I already found the Ovation2GX PIM in PDF form that's floating around the Internet.)

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Are you keeping it?? :D:D

For now, yes. Flew out to WA on Thursday night. Spent Friday and Saturday reading the POH, flying, reading the avionics manuals, flying, reading the maintenance logs, flying, digging through all of my uncle's airplane stuff, and flying. (Actually, I did a lot less flying than all the other stuff.) Ended up with a BFR and IPC in the airplane, which was what I wanted before leaving with it.

Sunday, I flew it from Bremerton, WA (across the Sound from Seattle) back to Wisconsin. What a great airplane! I had it up to FL190 early on due to weather (and the Ovation is not turbo'd), and later on after the weather and terrain allowed me to pay more attention to airplane performance, I was at 9,000 feet and truing 180 KTAS on 12.2 gph.

I tell ya what - HSI, flight director, and built-in O2 (as well as the numerous other "toys" on the plane) are NICE!

What are you doing with the Diamond?

Nothing - Diamond's staying in the club where it always was. I probably won't be flying it much as long as the Mooney is around, since other people will keep the Diamond flying but I'm the only guy keeping the Mooney flying. I will be flying the 182 in August (4 people + bags on a trip to see a grandmother who might want an airplane ride but would probably have an easier time getting into the 182 than the Mooney) but I'll probably fly the Mooney over to MSN to pick up the 182. :D

I got to see this bird up close at OSH and it's a sweet machine. I'm jealous. I'm also sorry Kent can't quite swing the cash to hold on to it right now, it needs another owner that loves it. It was obvious that his uncle did.

Back