Mom has e-mail(Comcast) problems.

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
She won't post, so I will.

Long story short. She just got comcast cable internet for home and is using outlook 2000 (she won't switch, don't suggest it because I don't use Mozilla or Tbird, and I gotta answer all the 'why won't this work?' questions)

It won't allow her to send on port 25
Comcast said switch it to 587
It keeps resetting to 25 on it's own, so says mom.
When it resets to 25 she can't send.

I was over there for a bit yesterday (not for this) and saw some authentication notices when it did the autosend every 2 minutes or so, but I didn't look into it too much because I have never had that issue with two different providers.

Help her.

It shouldn't reset - I've got 2000 on one of the machines here, will check out possibilities.

I see the mac users have reading comprehension problems.

My sister also uses comcast and I have to answer all the questions across the country.

Outlook should keep the port 587 and should remember the authentication.

I do support blocking port 25 for people not running their own mail servers.

If it is changing back on it's own. More than likely it is an anti virus or anti spyware type program doing it.

Try turning off email scanning in those programs. Then change the port and see if it sticks.

If it is changing back on it's own. More than likely it is an anti virus or anti spyware type program doing it.

Try turning off email scanning in those programs. Then change the port and see if it sticks.

The only thing that is still running that I am aware of is MSE.

Back