MN, WI trip today scrubbed.

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
Was trying to head up to see Lance today on the way to visit my nieces. Been watching the weather pretty closely. Big low just north of me heading this way. Icing AIRMETS TO FL200; turbulence up to that level. Called departure and they had guys IMC at FL280 with lots of icing reports. Many reporting bumps all the way up.

To add to it, there's a large system coming into Dallas Sunday that will make it difficult to return Sunday. So, I'm sitting this one out. I know a couple of you were talking of linking up when I was up that-a-way. We'll have to save it for another time.

Best,

Dave

Yea Tony. It would have been great to link up with you, Kent and perhaps Apache Bob. Another day will come soon!

Best,

Dave

Good call, Dave... We'll catch you next time!

Maybe you want to pick up your nieces and bring them to AMW so they can fly gliders at the end of March? :D

Good call, Dave... We'll catch you next time!

Maybe you want to pick up your nieces and bring them to AMW so they can fly gliders at the end of March? :D

Hi Kent, just letting you know who I am. I had lunch with you and Lance yesterday at KEAU. If the others that were there could chime in it would be nice to know who you are. I could only remember Flying Cheesehead, I wonder why. For the rest of you I am 70Romeo from AOPA, but I am sure it would not take you long to figure that out.

Dan

Hi Kent, just letting you know who I am. I had lunch with you and Lance yesterday at KEAU. If the others that were there could chime in it would be nice to know who you are. I could only remember Flying Cheesehead, I wonder why. For the rest of you I am 70Romeo from AOPA, but I am sure it would not take you long to figure that out.

Dan

and here I am... It was nice to meet you. Tristan (Tristar) was with me. I'm not sure what Kate's name is on here. I will post the picture I took tonight.

Dan

Besides you and your wife, we had Kent Shook (FlyChzHd), Kate Bernard (SkyFlyer8), Myself, Jesse Angel (Jesse), and Tristan (Tristar).

If the others that were there could chime in it would be nice to know who you are.

Hi Dan, glad you could make it to EAU yesterday. I'm Kate from Clintonville (CLI). I flight instruct at 79C (Brennand Airport, Neenah) and GRB (Green Bay). Welcome to the PoA board!

I've rescheduled my flight up for the weekend of February 10th. Perhaps I can link up with some of you that Sunday. Sounds like a missed a fun time.

Best,

Dave

Hi Dan, glad you could make it to EAU yesterday. I'm Kate from Clintonville (CLI). I flight instruct at 79C (Brennand Airport, Neenah) and GRB (Green Bay). Welcome to the PoA board!

Nice to know you are a CFI Kate. I bet Cindy would take some lessons from you. She went through ground school last year. I'm sure she would rather just have some casual lessons rather than full blown get it done type of stuff.

Dave I marked the 10th on my calander. We were headed south to OK and TX begining Feb but I'll see what dates we have open.

Dan

Dan:

I'll fly to Portage on the 9th, stay there the 10th and fly home on the 11th. Probably late lunch on the 11th would work best for me. Good change I'll stop in Rockford on the way up and back to drop off a friend flying up with me. Anywhere in that area would work for me.

If the group settles on Saturday, I'll just have to see what my nieces are doing and if any of them want to come.

If you're coming to Texas, I'd be happy to try to link up if you come to the Dallas area <g>

Best,

Dave

Dan:

I'll fly to Portage on the 9th, stay there the 10th and fly home on the 11th. Probably late lunch on the 11th would work best for me. Good change I'll stop in Rockford on the way up and back to drop off a friend flying up with me. Anywhere in that area would work for me.

If the group settles on Saturday, I'll just have to see what my nieces are doing and if any of them want to come.

If you're coming to Texas, I'd be happy to try to link up if you come to the Dallas area <g>

Best,

Dave

We have had to layover on all of our trips so far so my wife says we have to go where the weather is the nicest this time. Kinda like blowing with the wind. I will know more in a couple of weeks.

Dan

Dan:

Dave, are you thinking of stopping here on Friday like before? If so I'll plan to take the afternoon off.

Also some food for thought, an alternative might be to bring the nieces here and we could run them over to the Mall of America for part of the day on Saturday while we go flying.

Dave, are you thinking of stopping here on Friday like before? If so I'll plan to take the afternoon off.

Also some food for thought, an alternative might be to bring the nieces here and we could run them over to the Mall of America for part of the day on Saturday while we go flying.
Oh, PLEASE don't say that! Leslie might hear you!

Don't know Lance. Don't want this to get to have too many stops. You seem to think I have some control over my nieces :D Right now, they just want to stay in Portage. There is a lot going on and getting three of them to leave and hop over there would be tough--I have offered.

Really don't want to commit to stop on the way up and then again on the way back right now, but as it gets closer, let's chat about where to link up. Part of it is my friend that usually goes to Rockford. Looks like he can come right now.

Best,

Dave

I've rescheduled my flight up for the weekend of February 10th. Perhaps I can link up with some of you that Sunday. Sounds like a missed a fun time.

I may or may not be able to make it. I won't be able to specifically ask for that weekend off as I'm taking a 3-day weekend the following week to go fly skiplanes.

Back