Missouri Pilots... Where you at!?!

I've been right here in St. Louis, not ending my sentences with redundant prepositions... lol :D

I'm over here in the other corner of the state. Had a great flying party & BBQ for a bunch of friends at the hangar yesterday. It was a glorious day here.

I'm over here in the other corner of the state. Had a great flying party & BBQ for a bunch of friends at the hangar yesterday. It was a glorious day here.

Anyone have good reccomendarions for $100 hamburgers? Someone told me there is a place that sells pies... Have got to go there

Anyone have good reccomendarions for $100 hamburgers? Someone told me there is a place that sells pies... Have got to go there
Rolla, MO has a place called "Slice of Pie". KVIH is nearby, and K07 (Rolla Downtown) is very close. Call ahead at K07 - it's a beat up, run down place that might not even be open anymore.

Bolivar (M17) seems like a popular lunch stop, but I've never been there. Jeff City (KJEF) has an on-field restaraunt and an FBO that seems to provide lunces on nice Fridays.

Anyone have good recommendations for $100 hamburgers?

Didn't we just do this? :goofy:

A few:

K15 (Osage Beach-Grand Glaize). Numerous restaurants within walking distance and Tan-Tar-A will send their van to pick you up. I came "this close" on Saturday to posting a Sunday Brunch fly-in to Tan-Tar-A for yesterday but a friend called with the idea of having a hangar party as I was about to click "submit post." Literally...

As someone else said, I believe Bolivar's restaurant is open.

Miami County, KS (right on the Missouri line) has BBQ on the field.

Gaston's White River Resort.

St. Louis Downtown (KCPS) has a nice little restaurant on the field. And you can do the "riverfront tour" while talking with their tower. 500' AWL up/down the Mississippi right in front of the arch is a nice little trip especially if you have a newbie along.

if you're not afraid of a relatively short grass strip, my hometown, Ste. Genevieve, MO (6MO2), has a nice little 1600' strip within easy walking distance of all the shops and restaurants downtown. It's a pretty neat little "tourist trap" town with buildings dating back to french trapper days, long before the U.S. even existed.

I'm sure there are a bunch more over on your side of the state and in the northern part but I haven't done much pleasure flying north of I-70. The scenery gets pretty boring up there.

There are quite a few nice stops over in Illinois that I go to but those are likely too far for you.

Many of the airports have courtesy cars. Restaurants and distances are listed in ForeFlight and other sources.

Sikeston has Lambert's. It's about a mile down the road and they will come pick you up. That's a very popular place with those who like eating in a room full of the BMI > 40 crowd where the staff will throw food at you...and they'll keep throwing it at you for as long as you can can stand to stuff your face with it. The reason they'll come pick you up at the airport is because most people who enjoy that place would have a cardiac making the mile walk! ;)

As my signature tagline used to say (and still does over at AOPA):

"Friends don't let friends eat at Lambert's"

"California pilots, where you at?"

"We in California."

"Oh... Yeah."

Funny how that works out.

It's not exactly on an airport, but with the new Branson airport there by Kimberling City, you could rent a car and make the Sunday Brunch at that lodge/resort that Bass Pro operates across to bridge and down a ways. Harrison AR is likely closer by air, but there didn't used to be any good way to drive there.

It's not exactly on an airport, but with the new Branson airport there by Kimberling City, you could rent a car and make the Sunday Brunch at that lodge/resort that Bass Pro operates across to bridge and down a ways. Harrison AR is likely closer by air, but there didn't used to be any good way to drive there.

Thanks! I'll look into this... Especially that Slice of Pie someone else recommended!

Thanks! I'll look into this... Especially that Slice of Pie someone else recommended!

It's Cedar something I'm pretty sure, I want to say Cedar Mills, but that is on Lake Texoma (which isn't a bad flight either, and you can watch some well bult sailboats be made). Maybe Cedar Lodge? It should be on Bass Pro's website.

It's Cedar something I'm pretty sure, I want to say Cedar Mills, but that is on Lake Texoma (which isn't a bad flight either, and you can watch some well bult sailboats be made). Maybe Cedar Lodge? It should be on Bass Pro's website.

Big Cedar maybe? It's been many years since I was down there. I remember it was a pretty nice drive from Branson. Along the way you drive over a dam, at the base is a trout hatchery where you can pull over and check it out.

Big Cedar maybe? It's been many years since I was down there. I remember it was a pretty nice drive from Branson. Along the way you drive over a dam, at the base is a trout hatchery where you can pull over and check it out.

Yeah, it's been around 20 years, but I think if you start at the Kimberling City Bridge, you're around half way there from the dam. But yeah still a bit of a drive. Nice location/setting though and the Sunday brunch was fantastic. Definitely worth renting a car for. If you spend the weekend they probably provide the transport.

Big Cedar Lodge. Great Sunday Brunch. At least they used to. It's on 86 a mile West of 65. Nowhere close to Kimberling City.

Branson (BBG) also has a Famous Dave's on the field. At least they used to.

They (BBG) are not all that GA friendly unless you're eating at Famous Dave's. At least they used to not be.

Branson's Graham Clark Airport (PLK)---AKA Point Lookout, hence the designator---is on the College of the Ozarks Campus. The Keeter Center---which is owned/run by the college---is within easy walking distance, about a mile, from the field and has a wonderful restaurant and Sunday brunch.

https://www.keetercenter.edu

Last edited:
Big Cedar Lodge. Great Sunday Brunch. At least they used to. It's on 86 a mile West of 65. Nowhere close to Kimberling City.

Branson's Graham Clark Airport (PLK)---AKA Point Lookout, hence the designator---is on the College of the Ozarks Campus. The Keeter Center---which is owned/run by the college---is within easy walking distance, about a mile, from the field and has a wonderful restaurant and Sunday brunch.

These sound like a blast! Never had stuff like this back up north...

These sound like a blast! Never had stuff like this back up north...

Yeah, getting stuck flying in Alaska must really suck.

edit: I don't know if there is any place at Lake of the Ozarks to get a seaplane rating.

Last edited:
Yeah, getting stuck flying in Alaska must really suck.

edit: I don't know if there is any place at Lake of the Ozarks to get a seaplane rating.

Tan-Tar-A has a seaplane base (or whatever they're called) but that's likely all they have.

Another option for Akpilot is the Hangar Kafe in Miller, Mo (mo9). That's really close to Warrensburg. They're having a big party on April 4 to celebrate their 2nd anniversary.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hangar-Kafe/172233816266197

Last edited:
And don't forget Dexter. Restaurant on field.

Branson (BBG) also has a Famous Dave's on the field. At least they used to.

They (BBG) are not all that GA friendly unless you're eating at Famous Dave's. At least they used to not be.

Is Clark public use now? When I lived there I couldn't use it, and I knew Graham Clark.

Yeah, no longer owned by the College of the Ozarks. Now owned by either the city or the county.

As you may recall, that's where the SW 737 landed about a year ago by accident instead of at BBG. Don't you know there was a lot of pucker factor in that cockpit considering how short the runway is.

Back