Missing "New Posts"

Graueradler

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Graueradler
I find that when I check on the post "Glaucoma", I find several new posts but it doesn't appear when I log in and click on "New Posts".

perhaps hidden on page 2? I'm seeing new posts in that thread via clicking on "New Posts" ...

No, I'm finding page 2. It did show up in my "new posts" initially but then quit. I have to go look for it after I've read "new posts" to see if it has any and then find that it does.

No, I'm finding page 2. It did show up in my "new posts" initially but then quit. I have to go look for it after I've read "new posts" to see if it has any and then find that it does.

If you've already read them, and there are no new replies, then they are no longer new posts, and won't show up there.

If you've already read them, and there are no new replies, then they are no longer new posts, and won't show up there.

I didn't find and read them until after I had been through "New Posts" (they weren't there) and then "Marked Forums Read". They were not in the new posts list.

perhaps they were posted after you clicked New Posts? I usually click New Posts, read the ones I want, click New Posts again to catch the few that get posted while I was reading and then I'm done

That is a possibility but it would be a big coincidence for it to happen twice and for there to be more than one unread post in the thread.

Mystery solved. New posts notification was turned off for this forum in Options (by me back when I wasn't interested in medical items)

Mystery solved. New posts notification was turned off for this forum in Options (by me back when I wasn't interested in medical items)

I'll have to look into that feature for the classifieds. I have Mountain Hopper on ignore because of his spam. But even when he posts I still get the thread showing up with new posts. If I change to no new posts notify will that take care of seeing that junk?

I think it can only be applied to an entire forum, not just to an individual. I had blocked spin zone and medical a long time ago and then totally forgotten that the feature existed.

Back