Missing Moab Plane Found, Two Dead

In the comments I see two different people mention the owner ‘pushing it to the limits’, then another saying ‘crazy antics’? Just seems like an interesting commonality? Tragic no doubt, sorry for all involved.

In the comments I see two different people mention the owner ‘pushing it to the limits’, then another saying ‘crazy antics’? Just seems like an interesting commonality? Tragic no doubt, sorry for all involved.

I’m pretty sure those comments were likely involving off-roading, partying, etc. Activities the posters most likely were involved with. Personally I wouldn’t connect the dots to flying without further information.

Agreed, He is not talking about aviation, he is referring to pushing the limits on stuff like this.
Correct. Also, the plane is not particulalry aerobatic, and if the crash was were I believe it to be, they likely wouldn't be doing any off-airport landings. But we'll see; hopefully the NTSB can nail down the cause (besides the ubiquitous one they seem to always use.)

Very sad.
No clue what transpired?
The sheriff appears to believe that they were flying close to terrain and clipped it. Of course, they could have had engine troubles; we'll eventually get some sort of story.

That's an airplane? Looks like they hit a rocky wall at a very high speed. Too bad. Condolences to their families.

The sheriff appears to believe that they were flying close to terrain and clipped it. Of course, they could have had engine troubles; we'll eventually get some sort of story.

Or got shoved down into it by descending air. Wouldn't be the first time that ever happened in hill country.

Back