Misleading eBay Email

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
On Monday I was checking out planes on eBay and I put one on my watch list. It was a buy it now or best offer type listing. So I put it on my watch list and sent a question to the Seller. Today I get an email from eBay with the caption: ALMOST GONE: 1993 Bug Smasher.​
I open the email and it says the following:​
"Hey Adam -

14 people watched this hot item in the last week. Only 1 left in stock! "

Then it has photo of the plane with a Buy it now price and a button to view the item.​
The listing is for another 19 days and some odd hours! AND there are no offers.​
Curious, who is responsible for this? The seller? Ebay? I mean what BS "Almost Gone" my arse! there are 19 + days left. "Only one left in stock" really? How many planes does the seller have in stock since they only listed one?​

Sounds like a tube sock salesman is trying to get rid of his airplane.

On Monday I was checking out planes on eBay and I put one on my watch list. It was a buy it now or best offer type listing. So I put it on my watch list and sent a question to the Seller. Today I get an email from eBay with the caption: ALMOST GONE: 1993 Bug Smasher.​
I open the email and it says the following:​
"Hey Adam -

14 people watched this hot item in the last week. Only 1 left in stock! "

Then it has photo of the plane with a Buy it now price and a button to view the item.​
The listing is for another 19 days and some odd hours! AND there are no offers.​
Curious, who is responsible for this? The seller? Ebay? I mean what BS "Almost Gone" my arse! there are 19 + days left. "Only one left in stock" really? How many planes does the seller have in stock since they only listed one?​

A computer programmer that wrote the instructions to fire off the email....

Not a big deal.

Back