Minden, NV?

W.O'Boogie

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
W. O'Boogie
Anyone know of anything to rent without going to Reno? Got a week or so to do in Minden, and all I find is "Soar Minden". A glider rating might be great, but I don't know if I have the time/$$$ to get the sign off. No desire to drink from a 60 inch header. Just need a sip with a motorized airplane.

Winston.

I was there recently on my way back from Oregon. Lots of student activity, worth checking into further, however I was not there to rent so I did not inquire.

If you want more info about the area, I could help ya out. I grew up in Gardnerville, which is the neighboring town to Minden. Unfortunately, my love for aviation had not yet begun at that age, so I don't have a clue about the airport situation. The Carson Valley was my home for the first 15 years of my life. It's a beautiful place!

consider checking out the gliders. even if you dont add your rating it will be great experience and the soaring there is excellent! very strong thermals out west and also mountain wave sometimes off the sierras. Last year the northern hemisphere distance record was set on a flight out of minden (something like 2000ish kilometers!)

The AYA ran its 1999 convention at Minden, and the Soar Minden folks were OK, but don't give Hutt Aviation the time of day, no less one penny of your money. They were the worst, most obstructive FBO I've ever seen at a convention host site, and they told us flat out that they couldn't care less if we hadn't showed up, because they got more money in 20 minutes refueling one Gulfstream than they'd see from use all week. Afterwards, we complained to the Airport Managment and Tourism Bureau (who had encouraged us to go to Minden), and they said we weren't the first to complain about Hutt, but they had no control over them.

Back