Midwest reminder.

Ohhh, sorry to hear that, Barb! But how will putting down the cat eliminate the raccoon problem?

No cat food in the barn, No thieving varmints stealing a meal and staying over to pop on the hay! Yeah! But I already miss my cat.

Hope you guys have a good time.

Barb

A good time was had by all that were able to make it.

We all arrived at about the same time with David and Paul arriving first. Myself and a non-PoAer guest of mine (Bob) shot the IL27 with me under the hood and Grant and Leslie were hot on out tail.

Upon landing an USAF Biz jet was leaving the ramp to head out so we had to play a little to get them out while we got in.

But it was an easy parking.

VPZ FBO had Grant and I park down toward the roads past their hangar and David got the rock star parking out front.

We were able to get the owner of the Strongbow to come pick us up and they seated us promptly in an aviation themed dinning room. This was my 4th time at the Strongbow and it was the first time I ever saw this room. Lots of cool plane models on the ceiling and parts of real planes. The wall were decorated to look like we were some sort of airship.

The food of course was delicious. Many of us opted for the turkey which is there specialty. All of the baked goods are homemade daily but many of us were too full to partake fully of the deserts. But I hear tale the pecan pie is excellent.

In the pictures.

The one with Meigs field in the back from l-r is:

Paul (kneeling), David, Leslie, Grant, and Scott

In the restaurant from l-r
sitting-Paul, Grant, and David
Standing-Bob, Scott, and Leslie

Attachments

• IMG_9439.JPG
    IMG_9439.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9440.JPG
    IMG_9440.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
No cat food in the barn, No thieving varmints stealing a meal and staying over to pop on the hay! Yeah! But I already miss my cat.

Hope you guys have a good time.

Barb
We had a good time. We spoke about pets passing at lunch, because our airport cat passed yesterday. He had cancer in the tail, and it had metastasized. I'm afraid it was time to say goodbye to him. www.aandmaviation.com/buddy.html

We had a good time. We spoke about pets passing at lunch, because our airport cat passed yesterday. He had cancer in the tail, and it had metastasized. I'm afraid it was time to say goodbye to him. www.aandmaviation.com/buddy.html

Buddy's gone? All I heard of this before hand was he lost a bit of his tail because of it, I didn't realize it got worse. RIP buddy.

I wish I had seen this thread earlier, I could have probably made it.

Buddy's gone? All I heard of this before hand was he lost a bit of his tail because of it, I didn't realize it got worse. RIP buddy.

I wish I had seen this thread earlier, I could have probably made it.
Yeah, he was put to sleep yesterday. He will be missed. I'll put up more pictures of him on the site over the next week or so. I should have called you to join us! Actually, since the T182 was down about 3hrs of fuel, we could have had you with us! (I'd actually offered a ride to my sisters-in-law, bu they weren't able to join us.)

It was fun to have lunch with the small POA contingent today.

After the others left.... the plane wouldn't start.

Called the flight school, found out it has been doing this for a while (I haven't flown this plane in a month or so).

Friendly local mechanic was at the field, and helped us. I can't remember his exact words, but some futzing with the starter got it to work (good enough to start the plane), and we had a very nice flight home.

--david

It was fun to have lunch with the small POA contingent today.

After the others left.... the plane wouldn't start.

Called the flight school, found out it has been doing this for a while (I haven't flown this plane in a month or so).

Friendly local mechanic was at the field, and helped us. I can't remember his exact words, but some futzing with the starter got it to work (good enough to start the plane), and we had a very nice flight home.

--david
Oh bummer!!

Well at least you knew not to turn the prop backwards to hand prop it!!

Was it a stuck Bendix?

Oh bummer!!

Well at least you knew not to turn the prop backwards to hand prop it!!

Was it a stuck Bendix?

Yes -- a stuck Bendix. He was able to unstick it, but it sounds like it needs repair/replacement (I don't know if that is always the case for a stuck Bendix). He did say "some lightweight starters are good, some are crap... this one should be thrown out".

--david

I got the phone call Friday night that we were playing a tourney on Saturday, so I obviously wasn't there.

I got the phone call Friday night that we were playing a tourney on Saturday, so I obviously wasn't there.
Figured if you were coming we would have heard form you.

Funny thing was everyone who showed up was from the west side of Lake Michigan. I sorta was hoping we would get a couple of you east siders or at least some of the hoosier members.

Back