Midwest POA Janebruary Lunch February 3, 2024 1200 EST Rick's Boatyard KEYE

Anyone interested in a meet up this Sat 11/19? If anyone wants to ride along for some safety pilot time I could use it- I can serve right seat duty as well.

I'll suggest KRPJ since we haven't done it yet but really I'm open to wherever.

My apologies to @cowman for not updating this thread last month. I've been super slammed between the farm and Teresa's issues. @Jim Schilling poked me yesterday and reminded me that we haven't done one in a few months.

There's really only one viable weekend left this month. I'm committed to "Santa at the firehouse" on Saturday, so it'd have to be Sunday the 18th at lunch time. I'd offer up Bessie's at JVL so I can pass judgement on the eggs bennie, but open to suggestions as always. I'd also be happy to pick up any of the Chicago contingent who remain planeless, particularly @Radar Contact if he's still alive...

My apologies to @cowman for not updating this thread last month. I've been super slammed between the farm and Teresa's issues. @Jim Schilling poked me yesterday and reminded me that we haven't done one in a few months.

There's really only one viable weekend left this month. I'm committed to "Santa at the firehouse" on Saturday, so it'd have to be Sunday the 18th at lunch time. I'd offer up Bessie's at JVL so I can pass judgement on the eggs bennie, but open to suggestions as always. I'd also be happy to pick up any of the Chicago contingent who remain planeless, particularly @Radar Contact if he's still alive...
You already know this, but I'm out.

My mom's birthday and was planning to take her for breakfast. She's not a fan of flying in small planes otherwise I'd be in.

I don't think it's just my flying either.

My mom's birthday and was planning to take her for breakfast. She's not a fan of flying in small planes otherwise I'd be in.

I don't think it's just my flying either.
I mean, you could drive, like a peasant...

I mean, you could drive, like a peasant...
She dislikes my driving...keeps throwing the failed drivers ed test in my face. Apparently they don't like left foot braking. Went out and won the stock car race later that night.

If I can can get them to go to an early breakfast instead of this 10am breakfast crap, I'll be there

No can do. Catch you all in the new year!

Strong probable, depending of course on wx and some family stuff. Been trying to catch y'all at one of these.

Bring em along....show them what 90% of their mission will look like. ;)
It'd waste your entire day, but if you and/ or @crash7 want to fly to cmi but not the whole way, I have plenty of space. I remember we planned to do that last time for jvl, but the weather turned out to be crap that day.

I'm in.......................another town. I'm in another town, so, technically I'm out of this particular town in question. basically, I'm out of town.

I’m leaning towards going, gonna fly anyway. I saw mention of ride-alongs. I’d be leaving Burlington, WI, extra seat. Just throwing it out there, if interested.

I thought the longer term WX outlook was cool but not bad otherwise.

Wife and mother-in-law will be out of town so I get to stay home and dog sit...

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should be there baring weather or mechanical issues. Not sure if the rest of the family is going or not yet, might have a huge plane to myself. Looks like I'll be solo. Sounds like this is already covered but my route takes me close to the Peoria/Quad cities areas if anyone wants a ride.

People willing and able to safety pilot especially welcome. Anyone who feels like riding in a Lance while I shoot practice approaches after lunch would also be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Weather is looking good (albeit cold) for Sunday!

I’ve got Mvfr at home along most of my route forecast for tomorrow. I’ll have to keep an eye on it.

If weather and field conditions cooperate though, I’ll be there… been snowing for a few days, light snow still right now.

Yeah, just as soon as @Jim K posted, all of the Chicagoland TAFs went BKN020 until noon.

KJVL 172338Z 1800/1824 27011G19KT 6SM -SHSN BR OVC015
FM180300 27011G18KT P6SM VCSH OVC015
FM181500 27011G18KT P6SM BKN015
FM181700 27011G18KT P6SM BKN035
FM182200 27008KT P6SM SCT035

West wind, not to bad by later morning.

4F6C3464-75D1-4AC2-BF65-E1445D9120E4.png

This is a reminder to turn on your engine heater tonight, and to bring your cowl plugs.

I’m out today folks… weather on my route isn’t going to cooperate. Looks like MVFR at our destination forecast now as well.

I’m out today folks… weather on my route isn’t going to cooperate. Looks like MVFR at our destination forecast now as well.

Bummer, but I completely understand.

I'm still a go at this point. Should be clear on top of a relatively thin layer, the icing forecast doesn't show anything, and it's supposed to be below -10c in the clouds. I'll do another check of weather & pireps before I go, but it looks to be within my limits.

I'll probably be the only one there, but there's worse things than flying to breakfast by yourself.

Back