Midwest POA Janebruary Lunch February 3, 2024 1200 EST Rick's Boatyard KEYE

So @Jim K , Paul, and I ran into Rich after everyone left. Got a neat look at his new ride. It’s now parked next to 2TF.

What happened to 2TF? I saw it last time I went to Pilot Pete’s.

What happened to 2TF? I saw it last time I went to Pilot Pete’s.
There Rich was, hurrying into Schaumburg to save puppies from a burning house. He flew through a tornado to boost him along faster, yeah the turbulence broke the wing, but it got him to Schaumburg in record time, and he pulled off an amazing landing even with a broken wing and got there just in the nick of time.

He did the Schaumburg run in 11 parsecs.

From bottom left going clockwise (and forgive me for not remembering spouse's/children's names)

Paul the CFI (not on POA), myself, Jim_K, Cowman, Flyingcheesehead's wife, Flyingcheesehead's son, Flyingcheesehead, Cowman's wife and son, Kaiser, EdFred's non-existent fiancee and the back EdFred's future step-daughter's head. Masloki was taking the picture and EdFred magically disappeared.

From bottom left going clockwise (and forgive me for not remembering spouse's/children's names)

Paul the CFI (not on POA), myself, Jim_K, Cowman, Flyingcheesehead's wife, Flyingcheesehead's son, Flyingcheesehead, Cowman's wife and son, Kaiser, EdFred's non-existent fiancee and the back EdFred's future step-daughter's head. Masloki was taking the picture and EdFred magically disappeared.

I think the timing of the picture was on purpose.

There Rich was, hurrying into Schaumburg to save puppies from a burning house. He flew through a tornado to boost him along faster, yeah the turbulence broke the wing, but it got him to Schaumburg in record time, and he pulled off an amazing landing even with a broken wing and got there just in the nick of time.

He did the Schaumburg run in 11 parsecs.

And every puppy survived unscathed.

In related news. Anyone want a puppy?

Jim, I know you got something cooking…

September gathering

September 24
Sporty's Pilot Shop Saturday Cookout
Free tube steaks 1200-1400 EDT
Clermont County Airport I69... just east of Cincinnati

Rain date Oct 1

Obviously Sporty's retail shop is there, and there is also a museum on the field.

Really hope to see some of our more eastern friends there

I'll call tomorrow and confirm they are still doing them this late in the year. If not we'll figure out something else in the same neighborhood, so go ahead and reserve your planes and clear your schedules.

FYI

If this slides to 1 Oct, my EAA Chapter is sponsoring the Ford Trimotor at I19. Take a ride on an antique and have lunch with one, yours truly.
Cheers

Last edited:
I'm out. That is our LifeLine Pilots Day at the airport. And someone might be getting an award at the annual dinner that evening.

Plus my plane broke. Again. So we all know that's a minimum month before it gets fixed. :rolleyes:

We will be out for the 24th. Root canal scheduled for the 22nd. I'll be recovering.

I could do the 17th. Would date be better for more people?

17 is Young Eagles Day and noon Home game at Paul Brown Stadium. 24 Sep and 1 Oct ok

Cheers

We will be out for the 24th. Root canal scheduled for the 22nd. I'll be recovering.
My last one I was just fine by the second day - pencil us in.
17th, no can do - concert.

Let's stick with the 24th. I got confirmation from Sporty's that they are doing the cookouts, and they move them indoors when the weather turns.
@Rcmutz we'll be in your back yard. Anybody else we need to tag over there?
@N4984R @crash7 @Skyrys62 you guys in?

It's a definite almost maybe possibly.

I'll toss it out there to our EAA chapter for their monthly destination too.

I’m probably out that weekend with that distance. No handler for my kid.

I am off that weekend, but that’s Triple Tree Fly-in week and I haven’t even made up my excuse why I won’t be going there yet. :)

(Actually, I am going to Triple Tree, but I haven’t nailed down what days yet. Maybe I’ll see you all at Sporty’s.

Man, that’s 916nm. Would love to go, but that’s a hike from south Texas.

I’m in. I’ll grab a club plane. [mention]Skyrys62 [/mention] if you think you’re going, want to ride together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of far for me, but maybe.

I’m in. I’ll grab a club plane. [mention]Skyrys62 [/mention] if you think you’re going, want to ride together?
Going to try, weekends are filling up quick! We got Young Eagles this weekend too.. if you're interested in piloting shoot me a text.

Sept 24 & 25 all runways closed at KUGN

If you crave more than a free hotdog, KPMH is about 50 miles southeast of I69 that has an on field restaurant too.

Oh I’m afraid I’m a maybe with a ‘no’ lean. Should know more in a week.

Back