Midwest POA Janebruary Lunch February 3, 2024 1200 EST Rick's Boatyard KEYE

Subject line is a little off - we are meeting at Bryventure in July :rockon:

I would be down for dinner at Black Otter Supper Club in Hortonville one night. They have very good fish, steak, massive prime rib, etc.

Is there an official plan for Oshkosh? I've seen rumblings and even some ramblings but nothing that is set. I'm there all week. I'm doing a cookout for our two local EAA Chapters on Wednesday near the camp Scholler entrance Would enjoy meeting "some" of the people here. We are there Sat-Sat and camping with one of the legendary volunteers Henry.

The 2 other PoA posted annual parties haven’t posted this year. I am lighting a small candle of the Wednesday HOPS one. Unofficially, I will order some pizza and provide some tasty suds before the night air show. And invite others to bring some suds or grub or some cash to defray the costs. If there were perhaps some rain, we will make a run for a big white tent that will likely be nearby. Buuuuut, I want to get my site squared away and will post more info then, so in a week or so.

Menu looks great, but that’s one hell of a walk from KOSH!! Do they have a runway in their parking lot? [mention]ktup-flyer [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We took a bus last time. @rwellner98 do you know who Chris contacted to make that happen?

Short notice but just got this in an email. One night camping on the 19th at KBAK

Join Columbus Municipal Airport and AOPA in celebrating the fun and camaraderie of general aviation and the passion we all share for flying. In commemoration of National Aviation Day (signed into law in 1939 by President Franklin Roosevelt, celebrating the birthday of Orville Wright), let’s all gather, celebrate our GA community and share tales of aviation at this fun fly-in/ camp-in!

What: “The Layover" is a Fly-in, camp if you’d like!
When: Friday, August 19, 2022 - 3pm to “overnight” camping
Saturday, August 20, 2022 – Pancake breakfast starts at 7am
Where: Columbus Municipal Airport (KBAK) - 4770 Ray Boll Blvd, Columbus, IN 47203

The “Layover” is a National Aviation Day event and is free to the public and fun for all ages. This event is designed to bring families, leaders, media and airport neighbors to discover how an airport plays an important role in the community and, perhaps, even identify new and future aviators.

Limited edition “Layover” pint glass for fly-in attendees.

Fly in for overnight camping or join us for a pancake breakfast -- all at the Columbus Municipal Airport.

Evening of August 19 - 3pm to “overnight” camping
Fly-in parking for local and regional pilots
Plenty of airplane parking
“Underwing” camping on grass available
Hard surface parking also available
Enjoy delicious food and drinks from ZwanzigZ Pizza and Brewing

Morning of August 20 - 7am to 10am
Pancake breakfast with local Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) Chapter 729
Aircraft displays
Museum tours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool! I'm out -> last regatta of the year for me 19th - 21st.

Any interest in hitting up Pilot Pete's in Schaumburg (06C) on Saturday Aug 27?

I'm thinking 11 AM, but open to suggestions as always.

How am I supposed to fly there??????

Works for me. Technically, the plane was supposed to be dropped off now at the shop but mechanic forgot to line up a painter. So…who knows when. Sigh.

locals... @kaiser ....will noon on a saturday be crazy busy? Do they take reservations? I'm good with any time, I was just thinking about beating the rush.

locals... @kaiser ....will noon on a saturday be crazy busy? Do they take reservations? I'm good with any time, I was just thinking about beating the rush.
Since I usually like to FLY to places :D, I don't actually get to Pilot Pete's very often.

That being said, dinner is much much busier than lunch. We could reserve the rotunda (or whatever it's called) if we have a big enough turnout.

I just called. They don't "take reservations" but about an hour in advance we can get on the "list" (via Yelp?). They do get "busy" for lunch, but if we're there at 11, I don't "think" that should be a huge "issue". The rotunda is offered up like a banquet hall and is booked for the next several "weeks".

Also, if we get a big group and we're interested, we can get the local tail dragger place (same place I source the cub and C170) to bring out the Stearman for rides/dual instruction. The posted rate is $285/hr, but if we make this an event, we might be able to cut a deal.

I supposedly get to put the plane back in service this weekend. I will check the calendar for the 27th.

Would love to go...but my dad will be in Alaska and I gotta get his Six to Jesse Saint that weekend for its upgrade before I leave for New Mexico on the 30th.

Lobster nachos are recommended!

I’ve started inviting locals to join us…

Hey, I’ve still got my plane not in a shop. Looking good. Whozin?

@kaiser are you telling people 11? I was thinking of moving it to 11:30 or 12 to accommodate @flyingcheesehead. Of course he can just be late, too, nbd.

I won't avail myself of a stearman ride, but can't speak for anyone else.

Cid is pretty far out of the way. Tell Martin to rent the cirrus. I can pick up @NealRomeoGolf if (when) his upholsterer is still not done.

Last edited:
I'm flexible between 11 or noon. Stearman is a bit out of my price range ATM but always enjoy gawking at the classics.
@Racerx @Terry M - 3CK (Chicago) Y'all going to make it to one of these? Doesn't get easier than Schaumburg. Next month is going to be Ohio with X3 Skier or similar. Kent, maybe drop a line to Peter Von? @Radar Contact Need a ride?

Thank you for the invite @masloki !

weekends are very difficult for me with family but I think I can make this weekend work. Working out the details with my wife. Trying to bring my son with.

I just called. They don't "take reservations" but about an hour in advance we can get on the "list" (via Yelp?). They do get "busy" for lunch, but if we're there at 11, I don't "think" that should be a huge "issue". The rotunda is offered up like a banquet hall and is booked for the next several "weeks".

this is a very “quotey” quote.

Long heavy sigh.....

Heck I'd pick up Martin, but I'm so rusty he wouldn't want to bet his life on me.
Meh. You didn't break my plane. Well, except for that one thing. But that wasn't your fault. Probably.

Back