Midwest POA Janebruary Lunch February 3, 2024 1200 EST Rick's Boatyard KEYE

In MSP this weekend but definitely flying localish Monday (I have a holiday that day).

Just learned that Waco Kitchen strongly recommends making table reservations. I made ours for 10:30am Saturday.

So if any of you are kicking around the idea of going there, here’s their number to call and make reservations

269-520-1200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Landing fees?

Doubtful, but I’m checking with my contact at lift. If you’re considering this I’d RSVP soon. Im guessing the limit of 50 spots will fill up fast.

Doubtful, but I’m checking with my contact at lift. If you’re considering this I’d RSVP soon. Im guessing the limit of 50 spots will fill up fast.

Heard back from my contact at Lift and the word is No Fees and parking permitted on the Lift Ramp

ad0514912933acedeb7fc738419f61e0.png

Might be too early for me today. Still in Minneapolis but leaving in about 90 minutes to head back to Chicago. Might go grab another airplane (the cub?) later to poke some holes in the sky.

Heard you on Rockford approach this morning. I was going to say hi, but the frequency was super busy!
Yep, Chicago wasn’t taking flight following but I did butt my way into Rockford because of the skydiving. I ended up in front of someone on the RNAV 25 but he wasn’t talking to anyone until I snuck in. The food was a mixed bag. My corned beef hash was pretty good, but my partner’s over easy eggs were way underdone and had to be sent back.

@Terry M - 3CK (Chicago) i chatted one of the jump masters up while we were there. I said, “‘jumpers away at 14,000,’ where should I expect them?” They free fall about 60 seconds down to 6,000’ tandem, and about 4000’ for solo/experienced. They should be all down in 5-10 minutes. Which explains why I’ve never seen them. I was searching 8-10,000’ for the canopies.

The food was a mixed bag
That's too bad. Never had breakfast there but the handful of times I've stopped for lunch it's been second to none.

That's too bad. Never had breakfast there but the handful of times I've stopped for lunch it's been second to none.
That was my guess: they’d be better for burgers and other bar food. So, now that I’ve done Clow, Madison, Rochelle, handful off EAA pancakes, and Janesville - I am calling it. Janesville is the best breakfast and the most dangerous parking.

That was my guess: they’d be better for burgers and other bar food. So, now that I’ve done Clow, Madison, Rochelle, handful off EAA pancakes, and Janesville - I am calling it. Janesville is the best breakfast and the most dangerous parking.
How wide of a net is this? I’d say the nearest competitor to Bessies is the Apron at KJXN. Their breakfast tacos are insane!

Yep, Chicago wasn’t taking flight following but I did butt my way into Rockford because of the skydiving. I ended up in front of someone on the RNAV 25 but he wasn’t talking to anyone until I snuck in. The food was a mixed bag. My corned beef hash was pretty good, but my partner’s over easy eggs were way underdone and had to be sent back.

@Terry M - 3CK (Chicago) i chatted one of the jump masters up while we were there. I said, “‘jumpers away at 14,000,’ where should I expect them?” They free fall about 60 seconds down to 6,000’ tandem, and about 4000’ for solo/experienced. They should be all down in 5-10 minutes. Which explains why I’ve never seen them. I was searching 8-10,000’ for the canopies.
They took me - but basically didn’t talk to me… cut me loose 15nm out from PWK. As I was a few miles out, PWK had an emer, some Lance taking off runway 24 had almost what sounded like runaway trim or something that caught the pilot off guard. Noisy but not engine related they said. I held north for a few. Pilot made an uneventful landing on 16 before I landed.

Oil door latch fixed Weds. Then yesterday MP gauge busted (dual w/FF), and vac pump went Tango Uniform on base-to-final (in VMC). Vac pump is in stock, but I’ll probably be down for a week waiting on a replacement MP gauge. I can’t afford fuel for tacos, lol.

So, can we get this switched to KOSH, July 27th, 7 PM? We'll find a place....let's say row 510 or so, North 40. Air show, pizza and beer.

Unless anyone is around this weekend? Wx is so-so. I need some P32R time.

Bring it to LHR. I got you.
You mean EGLL? I have three issues with that: 1) the company won’t let me take the Saratoga outside the US; 2) The company won’t allow off pavement landings (would need a fuel stop at BGKK); 3) It’s 26.5 hours flying with 8 stops in between… one way.

Unless anyone is around this weekend? Wx is so-so. I need some P32R time.
What're you thinking? I could maybe sneak away for lunch. UIN? IGQ? ...?

What're you thinking? I could maybe sneak away for lunch. UIN? IGQ? ...?
Yeah, could be something. Just seeing if anyone is around. Not sure Wx will cooperate yet.

Back