Midwest POA Janebruary Lunch February 3, 2024 1200 EST Rick's Boatyard KEYE

Hey! I didn't know you were coming. I'm about 10 minutes out. And definitely not typing while driving....

04fb92bf24ce5523ec1dd7339a4bcdc5.jpg

I’ll let someone else tag names...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04fb92bf24ce5523ec1dd7339a4bcdc5.jpg

I’ll let someone else tag names...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
L->R
Mrs. 455 Bravo Uniform
455BU
Yours Truly
Crash7's instrument student who isn't a real person because he's not on POA
EdFred
Crash7
Cowman

Good times. Got to check out @455 Bravo Uniform 's Peterson 182. I had to drive like a peasant because @NealRomeoGolf would rather save a puppy than schlep me around.

I can’t wait for RR, are we doing anything for March?

I can’t wait for RR, are we doing anything for March?
I have an airplane (using the term loosely here) now.... where & when?

I have a hard time committing for the next couple months as it's getting to be farming season, but I'll show up if I can.

I have an airplane (using the term loosely here) now.... where & when?

I have a hard time committing for the next couple months as it's getting to be farming season, but I'll show up if I can.
I’m out next weekend.. but 26th works.

I’m up for something new and we can do something closer to you since You’re in a slow plane. I believe I heard 3rd hand there’s a nice breakfast or brunch place near/in Jackson? Norma’s I think? (KIJX)

I’m up for something new and we can do something closer to you since You’re in a slow plane. I believe I heard 3rd hand there’s a nice breakfast or brunch place near/in Jackson? Norma’s I think? (KIJX)

If you guys go to Jacksonville I’ll have a huge dilemma of whether to drive or fly. About the same amount of time with drive to my airport and preflight factored in.

I’ll have a huge dilemma of whether to drive or fly
You're doing it wrong

Did a little research... Norma's was sold and is now "Kim's Cafe", which has good reviews. IJX apparently has a couple courtesy cars if @cowman doesn't show up in his conversion van. I prefer to support "on-field" restaurants, but there's only so many of those. The deeper we get into March, the less likely I am able to show up, so don't plan around me. I'll change the thread title and see if we can get some more discussion.

@kaiser et al....
What do you think about KGPC (about halfway between here & indianapolis)? @NealRomeoGolf suggested it, it has great reviews, and it's in the right direction for me to drop the 172 at RSV for its annual.

@kaiser et al....
What do you think about KGPC (about halfway between here & indianapolis)? @NealRomeoGolf suggested it, it has great reviews, and it's in the right direction for me to drop the 172 at RSV for its annual.
That works for me. I can do 26-27 or 2-3 at this point.

Well, if we're going to do one in March, we only have one weekend left.

So, let's plan on March 26 at KGPC, Putnam County, IN, at 1200 local (EDT). That'll be 1600 Z or 1100 CDT. Final Approach Restaurant is on the field.

7 day forecast looks good; system moving through Thursday will hopefully clear out the weather for the weekend.

Well, if we're going to do one in March, we only have one weekend left.

So, let's plan on March 26 at KGPC, Putnam County, IN, at 1200 local (EDT). That'll be 1600 Z or 1100 CDT. Final Approach Restaurant is on the field.

7 day forecast looks good; system moving through Thursday will hopefully clear out the weather for the weekend.
I should he in. I'm picking you up right? If we do enough circling after lunch I can hit 500 hours. Like 3 hours of pattern work. :D

I should he in. I'm picking you up right? If we do enough circling after lunch I can hit 500 hours. Like 3 hours of pattern work. :D
Ideally I'd like to fly the Cessna over and drop it off on the way back, but we could do it the other way if you need to get home earlier. I also need to make sure they want it dropped off over the weekend, but I think that's the plan. We could definitely shoot some practice approaches, and you could fly in formation with me... that will pad the Hobbs. I got her up to 110mph last time I flew :rockon:

Ideally I'd like to fly the Cessna over and drop it off on the way back, but we could do it the other way if you need to get home earlier. I also need to make sure they want it dropped off over the weekend, but I think that's the plan. We could definitely shoot some practice approaches, and you could fly in formation with me... that will pad the Hobbs. I got her up to 110mph last time I flew :rockon:
I think I stall at that speed. :p

Sadly I’ll be flying in a different direction for vacation that weekend. One of these weekends I’ll make the breakfast/lunch

Don’t feel bad. I had to book a 172 as well. I need to find more clubs so I can have a wider variety of aircraft.

I might be in- depends on whether something comes up on Sat and if I decide I'm comfortable with that long of a flight solo with toddler.

The forecast sure deteriorated pretty quick (at least the European model did). Possible mixed precip in the Euro and ICON models. GFS is a little kinder.

Well, I don't have a plane, Neal is sick, and the wind forecast is bad and keeps getting worse. Doesn't look like we're going to pull off a March meeting.

I'm counting Rough River, April 22-24, as the April fly in, but if somebody wants to take the ball & run with it, feel free.

16G28 kts crosswind ain’t so bad. Once.

It’s like Gaston’s all over again!

I'm ok with this, while I can and have handled these sorts of winds I'd have the distraction of my 3 year old with me and I'm still coming off a winter hiatus and might be rustier than I think. Hopefully I'll see you guys at rough river.

Back