Display name:
Richard Digits
Feb '24

Feb 3
Rick's Boatyard Cafe
1200 EST
KEYE

Last edited:
And once my IR is done, I'm no longer a slave to my CFII. Until then, that, (un)fortunately, is priority. I can only do Saturdays.

Quincy's a long way for breakfast for me

I’m in wherever. June 5 & 19 weekends are no good. There’s food on the field at Columbus, IN (KBAK) and Greencastle, IN (KGPC) with outdoor seats at GPC.

I’m in South Texas 2-10 June and then racing 11-13 June. After racing parties used to be real legit pre-COVID, you’re welcome to swing by. Worst case they’re a dud.

Most other times in June should work. First half of July is better.

I was at Bessies a week ago. They fill every table and the mask guidance was confusing. I’m somewhat certain you don’t even need masks anymore?

If the weather holds, I’m hitting KJXN on Friday early - though it’s a shakedown of the plane (for the Texas trip) and I’ll be taking several work calls so I might not be as fun as I normally am.

Waiting on final date for an install in Longview but at the current rate of delay, I should be good for June 5.

Bessies is good. @EdFred has a Mexican place north part of IN that he likes. Rochelle’s fun to watch the cargo drop outta planes. I know KOSH has some good places through the fence.

I’d be in if it’s not too far north. Busy the next 2 weekends though

Plane may go in for avionics soon, but call it, and if me and the plane are available I'd be in!

We know, we are planning it for whenever that is.

giphy.gif

I’m in. Once date and location are set, I’ll book a club plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll be out of town.
If you're out of town, and not on a boat, doesn't that mean you'll be in our area? You can bring the hot sauce for the eggs.

I'll wait another day and see if anyone else has dates they can/ can't make it, then make a spreadsheet because that's what I do when faced with a decision.

I'm busy weekends of 5/22 6/12 6/26
possibly 5/29 as well

Oh sure I'll tag myself. Thanks guys. @Mtns2Skies

Bessies gets absolutely packed with long wait times. Regardless of covid.

I've heard LNR has a restaurant opening back up in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
Another midwesterner. Tagging myself @Initial Fix

if I’m free whatever weekend is picked I’ll join in. Right now 6/13 is out.

I haven’t been to one of the POA events, but depending on the date and where, I am interested.

All June weekends except 26/27 taken with other aeronautical activities.

Cheers

It sounds like... we just have to do this every weekend.

Please add me @Sinistar .

Coming from MSP, I can probably make anywhere in Wisconsin, northern Iowa. I won't list dates and go with the flow :)

The Archer is down for maintenance for the foreseeable future, hopefully not more than two - three weeks. If @Bill is OK with me riding shotgun, I’d be interested to join in.

Okay...I'm looking at going to Bessie's at KJVL on June 26.

I'm thinking 10AM. If some guys further away would rather do lunch, speak up. Likewise if it's just locals we could do it earlier.

Please post if you're likely to show up, and I'll call them a few days ahead to let them know if there's going to be more than a half dozen of us.

Sorry Ed, let's plan to hit your Mexican joint in August.

Im gonna be in WI that weekend but way further north...MFI

I'm a maybe. I would strongly suggest seeing if they can do a reservation. 10am on a Saturday typically will elicit a 1-2 hour wait for 2 people.

Okay...I'm looking at going to Bessie's at KJVL on June 26.

I'm thinking 10AM. If some guys further away would rather do lunch, speak up. Likewise if it's just locals we could do it earlier.

Please post if you're likely to show up, and I'll call them a few days ahead to let them know if there's going to be more than a half dozen of us.

Sorry Ed, let's plan to hit your Mexican joint in August.
What about Blackerby’s Hangar 5 at BAK? Would be a bit more mid-western-y of a brunch run for us SE folks :).

https://www.blackerbyshangar5.com/

Wouldn’t probably be central but at 6d6 Greenville MI we cook breakfast every Sat/Sun morning as a local group. My buddy owns a big commercial hangar there that’s mostly open besides his Navion that we hang in.

I’m sure I would make his day if I asked him if he’d mind if I invited a gang for planes to join us. he loves aviation and the comeradre, hell I think thats a big chunk of why he bought the big hangar.

What about Blackerby’s Hangar 5 at BAK? Would be a bit more mid-western-y of a brunch run for us SE folks :).

https://www.blackerbyshangar5.com/

BAK would be a slam dunk (provided the Mooney is back out of the avionics shop). JVL? Yeah, 1000nm round trip for breakfast is a bit much!

I'm a maybe. I would strongly suggest seeing if they can do a reservation. 10am on a Saturday typically will elicit a 1-2 hour wait for 2 people.
Absolutely. Once we get a little closer I'll contact them. Their website gives the impression that they really want fly-in traffic, so I'm hopeful they'll take care of us.
BAK would be a slam dunk (provided the Mooney is back out of the avionics shop). JVL? Yeah, 1000nm round trip for breakfast is a bit much!
Understand completely; it's a long way for you guys. BAK is on my list of places to go for sure. Want to plan that one for September? We'll have the whole next year planned pretty soon.

BAK is on my list of places to go for sure. Want to plan that one for September? We'll have the whole next year planned pretty soon.

Sure, call it, and we'll try to come!

Added to the calendar. Hopefully the install will be done by then.

@keen9 is midwest. I though unlike those clingy SE PoAer's we were all too independent for this kind of thing! I've put it on my calendar, but will see how my schedule works out.

I’m good with 26 June @ Bessies.

Back