Midwest Dinner flight on the 29th?

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Anyone up to meet for dinner ont eh 29th somewhere in the MidWest?

I want to get the plane up at night to make sure all the lights still work after the avionics upgrade. Friday looks to be nice WX and I was thinking a Sheyboygen run would be fun. But I am open to going elsewhere.

I'd be interested... Sheboygan is good, but we seem to go there all the time.

Hoppy's ??

I might be headed there anyway.

Gee, on my old plane the lights light up even in the daytime. :rolleyes:
mine do too, but I want see what the cockpit is now like at night. With the new GPS and radio I want to make sure that all the dimmers work so that not one of the radios is too bright or too dark.

Sounds like fun! I'm in. Got 3 open seats too, and I wouldn't mind a co-pilot...

-Felix

mine do too, but I want see what the cockpit is now like at night. With the new GPS and radio I want to make sure that all the dimmers work so that not one of the radios is too bright or too dark.
Put it in the hangar and close the door!:D

Leslie's mom is in town, and we're thinking of taking her flying that evening. Depending on how many we have (including sisters) we might join in if it isn't too far. We'd probably need two planes, though!

Leslie's mom is in town, and we're thinking of taking her flying that evening. Depending on how many we have (including sisters) we might join in if it isn't too far. We'd probably need two planes, though!

then you would be the Prellwitz Air Force!

68C ? What time? I might just head up to the UP this weekend, and skip ND for another time.

68C ? What time? I might just head up to the UP this weekend, and skip ND for another time.
Lunch is at noon there.

http://netnet.net/~wjknjan/lmenu.html

Lunch is served at 12:00 noon, but arrive early and watch arrivals or just hang out by the stone fireplace.
newRB.gif
Friday, May 29, 2009

[SIZE=+2]Our first picnic of the year. The door will be open; the grills will be out...[/SIZE]
  • Locally made fresh brats, & quarter pounders, all done on the charcoal grill
  • Home made calico beans
  • Also, Bush's Best beans
  • Lots of ice cold watermelon
  • Rolls, bread, buns, butter
  • Ketchup, mustard, pickles, relish, horseradish, both sliced & chopped onions
  • Cakes, pies, & ice cream sundaes
  • Lemonade, coffee, milk, soda

$6.99 per person
I was planning on being there a little before noon.

Leslie may go up to Iola with her mother for lunch/dinner. I think that renting two planes to go out to dinner/supper is a little more than we can afford!

Leslie may go up to Iola with her mother for lunch/dinner. I think that renting two planes to go out to dinner/supper is a little more than we can afford!

I say that sometimes and then do it anyway ;)

I say that sometimes and then do it anyway ;)

How do you reant and fly two planes at once?

I think I will be stopping for lunch at Iola, and then continuing on to 6Y9 for the weekend.

LI think that renting two planes to go out to dinner/supper is a little more than we can afford!
And your point is exactly what?? Have you no sense of priority man!!

If flying meant only doing what one could afford would we not all have zero hours in our logs? This is not about being able to afford the money for something. This is about ensuring that one's sanity and personal goals are met. Besides one should also be staying proficient.

This is a safety matter. Can you afford NOT to fly is the real question?

:D

Last edited:

I think I will be stopping for lunch at Iola, and then continuing on to 6Y9 for the weekend.
I rent and fly 1 plane, Leslie rents and flies 1 plane. 1 + 1 = 2!
A problem is that Leslie isn't night current, so would need to do three in the pattern after we get there, and we couldn't get there until right about sunset. (Yes, I know that you have sunset + 1 hour for 61.27(b).)

That's why I'm hoping Leslie will take her mom up for lunch at Iola. Maybe she'll see you there!

I rent and fly 1 plane, Leslie rents and flies 1 plane. 1 + 1 = 2!
A problem is that Leslie isn't night current, so would need to do three in the pattern after we get there, and we couldn't get there until right about sunset. (Yes, I know that you have sunset + 1 hour for 61.27(b).)

That's why I'm hoping Leslie will take her mom up for lunch at Iola. Maybe she'll see you there!

I know how YOU do. I was asking how Kate does it. :D

Also if YOU are night current, you could ACT as PIC while Leslie gets night current as a logging-as-sole-manipulator-but-not-acting PIC.

Last edited:
I know how YOU do. I was asking how Kate does it. :D

Also if YOU are night current, you could ACT as PIC while Leslie gets night current as a logging-as-sole-manipulator-but-not-acting PIC.
But not if we're in two different planes!:nono:

I didn't read closely enough. I was referring to the part about not being able to afford something, and that something not making sense -- those things don't usually stop me! ;)

Today-- well my flight review person cancelled hence I was unable to test his busy pattern skills, short/soft field technique, and ability to hangar talk. Wanted to make it but it just didn't work today-- I hope you all had a nice time! I will be at Iola several times this summer, catch ya next time.

Ed, I hope you make it up north. We test-drove the ATVs for you!

Back