midfield flyover and tiny wind socks

I wonder... if one flies regularly to unfam non-towered airports without consulting the A/FD, how does one deal with noise-abatement procedures?
Good question.
Sometimes a right-hand pattern is used for that; sometimes there are signs at hold-short areas describing such procedures for departure, but not always, right?
Right. And sometimes the sign says "consult A/FD."

I wonder... if one flies regularly to unfam non-towered airports without consulting the A/FD, how does one deal with noise-abatement procedures?
Sometimes a right-hand pattern is used for that; sometimes there are signs at hold-short areas describing such procedures for departure, but not always, right?

Straight in on a low power steep approach typically keeps the neighbors happy, especially if there is the obvious path in and out over the woods or cemetery rather than the new subdivision. Noise abatement for small GA planes is an issue of sensible courtesy. When you have louder planes with high prop tip speeds or turbojet engines, things get more persnickety. I found if I do a low power steep straight in that I never get a noise complaint even going into places like Santa Monica.

I just encountered the lights on a different frequency for the first time a few days ago in Ohio at KPHD. We were arriving in the day so it didn't matter but I noticed it on the approach plate for the VOR-A we needed to get in. I also use Foreflight for most information for my flights.

I just encountered the lights on a different frequency for the first time a few days ago in Ohio at KPHD. We were arriving in the day so it didn't matter but I noticed it on the approach plate for the VOR-A we needed to get in. I also use Foreflight for most information for my flights.
Fortunately, that information is contained in Foreflight.

Back