Mi Tierra at 05C Merriville, IN 10Aug14

Pirep on the airport in general please?

I grew up in Lake County and need, sometime this fall, to return for a few days to settle some family business. Might need to tie down there a few days.

Thanks

Pirep on the airport in general please?

I grew up in Lake County and need, sometime this fall, to return for a few days to settle some family business. Might need to tie down there a few days.

Thanks

Nice airport. They extended taxiway A a few years back from the approach end of R8 almost to the hangars. So you still have to back taxi a little. The ram is very large. Plenty of tie downs and the FBO is friendly. There is a very good engine shop on the field and of course the rest.

On the Sunday I was there it was a little sleepy. In the past there has been a high amount of training traffic. Sometimes makes the back taxi to R8 a little long as you have to wait for approaching traffic that can be doing circuits.

There are GPS approaches, you are just south of Gary AP by about 7 miles. But the Gary controllers are very easy to work with for departing or arriving through there Class D.

Nice airport. They extended taxiway A a few years back from the approach end of R8 almost to the hangars. So you still have to back taxi a little. The ram is very large. Plenty of tie downs and the FBO is friendly. There is a very good engine shop on the field and of course the rest.

On the Sunday I was there it was a little sleepy. In the past there has been a high amount of training traffic. Sometimes makes the back taxi to R8 a little long as you have to wait for approaching traffic that can be doing circuits.

There are GPS approaches, you are just south of Gary AP by about 7 miles. But the Gary controllers are very easy to work with for departing or arriving through there Class D.

Scott,
Thanks.
Bill

Back