Mexico Trip

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Just got back from Mexico. Had a blast, Met a lot of nice people down there, quite a few American tourists. A friend has a beautiful multi million dollar house right on the beach which we stayed at, man I wish I had my camera with me. got close to being thrown in jail, but no dice there. For those of you who have never been, May I suggest going at some point. It was a real breeze. After landing in Mexico, Puerto Pensaco, we were met by the airport manager, who asked to see my airplane documents. All was in check, paid the 50 dollar fee and tied up the plane for the weekend. Upon arriving at the Airport this morning, Again, I showed my documents and was told to have a nice flight. The airport manager said something to his deputy and they had a good laugh, Im sure at my expense. When I reached 8500 I called Flight Service in prescott and was able to open my flight plan back to the US. They gave me a squawk code and told me to contact Yuma App before crossing the border. Which I did. Landed in Yuma, got progressive taxi to customs, where they met us at the plane, asked if we were carrying any drugs weapons or anything of that sort, answered negative and gave them my prefilled out documents. Then paid 25 bucks for the customs sticker, and was out of there in just 15 minutes. The flight back to havasu was tough, headwinds the whole way and landed with a 30kt wind.
The trip was painless, I have to admit I was a bit worried about making it. But it really was easier than flying in SoCal. I forgot my camera, so I have no pictures :(

Michael said:
I forgot my camera, so I have no pictures :(
You and Nick, I'm beginning to thhink there's something in the AZ water.

I'm real happy to hear you had a good trip.

Michael said:
Just got back from Mexico. Had a blast, Met a lot of nice people down there, quite a few American tourists. A friend has a beautiful multi million dollar house right on the beach which we stayed at, man I wish I had my camera with me. got close to being thrown in jail, but no dice there. For those of you who have never been, May I suggest going at some point. It was a real breeze. After landing in Mexico, Puerto Pensaco, we were met by the airport manager, who asked to see my airplane documents. All was in check, paid the 50 dollar fee and tied up the plane for the weekend. Upon arriving at the Airport this morning, Again, I showed my documents and was told to have a nice flight. The airport manager said something to his deputy and they had a good laugh, Im sure at my expense. When I reached 8500 I called Flight Service in prescott and was able to open my flight plan back to the US. They gave me a squawk code and told me to contact Yuma App before crossing the border. Which I did. Landed in Yuma, got progressive taxi to customs, where they met us at the plane, asked if we were carrying any drugs weapons or anything of that sort, answered negative and gave them my prefilled out documents. Then paid 25 bucks for the customs sticker, and was out of there in just 15 minutes. The flight back to havasu was tough, headwinds the whole way and landed with a 30kt wind.
The trip was painless, I have to admit I was a bit worried about making it. But it really was easier than flying in SoCal. I forgot my camera, so I have no pictures :(

Thats awesome Michael.

Did I catch in the middle there that you almost got arrested? Do tell!

NickDBrennan said:
Did I catch in the middle there that you almost got arrested? Do tell!

What happens in Mexico stays in Mexico :)

Next trip you take i'm going to have someone staple a post-it note to your forehead. (DONT FORGET CAMERA) Dave

Back