METARs, TAFs, and Nexrad on cell phone

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
I'd like to upgrade my (Verizon) cell phone with one that can display raw METARs, raw TAFs, and Nexrad radar images.

One possibility is to subscribe to WxServer.

Does anyone have experience with this service (or others), and if so, how well has it worked for you. Also, what kind of phone do you recommend?

RotaryWingBob said:
I'd like to upgrade my (Verizon) cell phone with one that can display raw METARs, raw TAFs, and Nexrad radar images.

One possibility is to subscribe to WxServer.

Does anyone have experience with this service (or others), and if so, how well has it worked for you. Also, what kind of phone do you recommend?

Bob,

Here is one I've considered:

http://www.my-cast.com/pilot/nextel/

I'm using a Treo 650 on Cingular wth web access. Using the web access you can get to a number of sites with real time weather. The screen size is good and you can access any web site. (Some have sites designed for viewing on a small screen and as a result are easier to navigate.) I haven't tried mycast yet.

mike21951 said:
I'm using a Treo 650 on Cingular wth web access. Using the web access you can get to a number of sites with real time weather. The screen size is good and you can access any web site. (Some have sites designed for viewing on a small screen and as a result are easier to navigate.) I haven't tried mycast yet.
Am I correct that that would also act as replacement for my Tungsten T2?

I kind of like the idea of dialing out using my Palm directory.

I've had pilot my cast for almost 2 years and love it! They are great to work with, and any call I've had to make to them was answered and FIXED in seconds!

S.

Do any of these work while you're in the air? If you've got an answer (yea or nay), please post equipment and whose network you're using.

Thanks in advance.

Pilot my cast - sometimes, depends on GPRS coverage and altitude. No more often than yes.

Bob,

The treo 650 would replace your Tungsten T2 as well as your current cell phone. All the features of the palm plus email and web access. oh, and an ok camera.

Back