Memorial Day thanks

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
For all those who have served their county: thank you for your service.

From one former military guy, to all others who served.

Best,

Dave

Yes, thank you, Dave and all, for your sacrifices.

Futures.07.gif

Thanks to you Dave and all the other Vets on board!

I am one of those that didn't have to serve. I was between Korea and Nam. The way I look at it I have the same freedoms as they do. So I always thank those that served. I feel like they picked up the tab so to speak. Thanks to all. Bob

To all the vets on PoA -- and in our country -- thanks for your service to our fair nation.

Best,

-Andrew

Not to put a wet blanket on the sentiments, but Memorial Day is to honor those who have died in the service to their country. Hopefully, those posting here and reading are still very much alive.

I believe you are thinking of Veteran's Day, but any day is suitable to thank Vets!

Tyler

Thanks to all who served and are serving, in our Military!!

Not to put a wet blanket on the sentiments, but Memorial Day is to honor those who have died in the service to their country. Hopefully, those posting here and reading are still very much alive.

I believe you are thinking of Veteran's Day, but any day is suitable to thank Vets!

Tyler

Of course, you are technically correct sir. For some of us that served during time of war, there is no shortage of folks we knew that are no longer living. We still thank all that served and are serving; we memorialize those that are not with us. As a matter of fact, I thank those that are serving or who served every day.

Best,

Dave

I guess I'd like to add that Veteran's Day doesn't seem to be widely celebrated anymore. I believe I worked that day.

Best,

Dave

I guess I'd like to add that Veteran's Day doesn't seem to be widely celebrated anymore. I believe I worked that day.

Best,

Dave

Yeah, that's the problem with getting technical about who should be honored on Memorial Day... but of course, even that holiday isn't used much for honoring war heroes (meaning the ones who didn't make it home).

The very least we can do on Memorial Day is not take our way of life for granted... we have a lot of people to thank for that.

Best,

Dave
Veteran's Day is one of our floating holidays. I usually work that day as well.
To those who serve, have served, served and gave the ultimate, thank you. My Dad was a vet from WWII. It is for him and all the above that I proudly fly the FLAG this weekend.
Thank you one and all.

Thanks indeed to all who have served, or are serving. I still miss the salt spray, and the phosphorescent glow of the bow wave and wake...

I'll add my late thanks as well. I never had the pleasure of serving, but wanted too. Hats off to all those who did, past and present, here and gone.

I served in the Navy during Viet Nam. I was fortunate that I was never in-Theater. My hat is off in full respect for all those who saw combat.

-Skip

I'm sorry I missed this post on Memorial Day.

I would like to leave this message from Ronald Reagan:

“[L]et us make a vow to our dead. Let us show them by our actions that we understand what they died for... Strengthened by their courage, heartened by their valor, and borne by their memory, let us continue to stand for the ideals for which they lived and died.” —Ronald Reagan

Back