Meeting all kinds of people

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I'm posting this from the terminal at Sky Harbor, where I have a 3 hour layover. Forgive typos, I'm unbelievably tired right now.

This weekend was amazing. On Thursday, Michael and I flew up to Manchester, NH, planning on renting a plane to fly down to the Wings FlyBQ. Unfortunately, the weather closed in and we got grounded up there. Michael suggested renting a car and driving down, and at first I was very reluctant. We did it anyways and spend many many hours driving down (my suggestion to leave at 1 to avoid traffic didn't go over too well). We got to New York City at around 10:00pm or so, and we wandered around Central Park and saw the Dakota as well as a neat little monument tribute to John Lennon. Then we walked to Times Square. Great!

Anyways, back to topic. I met a lot of people this weekend. I apologize if I don't remember y'all next time I see you, its a bit overwhelming trying to remember 60 people, ya know?

Dave Westner (deafsound) took Michael and I (and my cousin and some chicks) around Boston on Sunday night. We took the subway into town and walked through the Commons and had a beer or two at Cheers (actually the Bull & Finch). Then we walked down by the Prudential Building and finished by having a few more drinks at a bar called Pour House. What a great time. We missed the Orange Line getting out of the city because it was closed, but we got a shuttle to where we needed to go. Good times!

I'd really like to thank Adam for the BBQ and especially this afternoon taking me on the quick n' dirty tour around Philly. Got to see the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Citizens Bank Ballpark, the Wachovia Center.....etc. Best part of the whole damn city? The Rocky Steps in front of .... well....I don't remember the building, but that's not important. What is important is that I got to see the Rocky steps. We didn't have enough time for me to run up them, but maybe next time.

Thanks to Michael too, for putting up with me for 5 days straight and hanging out with my family. They liked ya man. They really liked ya.

Ok - I gotta find a place to smoke. Thanks again everyone. This has been the ultimate trip, I swear.

Last edited:
Nick,
glad to have met you guys. Only two small typos that sort of don't matter---the bar was called the Pour House, and my last name is westner.
Sorry you missed the orange line. You could've called! I would've come and gotcha.
C'mon back soon.

We aim to please Nick. Glad ya had a good trip. BTW the Rocky Steps are at the Philadelphia Art Museum

deafsound said:
Nick,
glad to have met you guys. Only two small typos that sort of don't matter---the bar was called the Pour House, and my last name is westner.
Sorry you missed the orange line. You could've called! I would've come and gotcha.
C'mon back soon.

Typos fixed :D

Ah, The Pour House, it's been a long time.

I am Boston U. grad who did more than a little time at the Pour House. I remember some of them.

CJS

What Nick said. Thanks everyone!! This weekend was the perfect trip. Dave, Thanks for the tour of Boston. Adam, thanks for the BBQ and cheesesteaks!
And Nick, Thanks for the invite. Your Aunt and Uncle are great people! They kept mentioning "hippies"...like their not a part of that group...Well the rock doesnt fall far from the tree....They are Hippies! but darn nice ones!

Hey Nick I was in NH too...You ever fly into Skyhaven or Lakes Region?
My future in-laws live in Wolfeboro.

Interesting weather Sunday, they actually had a tornado in Southern NH. We just missed it at the Hampton tolls.

Glad you had a safe trip!

Michael said:
And Nick, Thanks for the invite. Your Aunt and Uncle are great people! They kept mentioning "hippies"...like their not a part of that group...Well the rock doesnt fall far from the tree....They are Hippies! but darn nice ones!

(Spike envisions a PA28, all painted-up in sixties love-in psychedelic colors, maybe some peace signs and big flower stickers. Sort of like a VW bus with wings...).

SkyHog said:
Dave Westner (deafsound) took Michael and I (and my cousin and some chicks) around Boston on Sunday night. We took the subway into town and walked through the Commons and had a beer or two at Cheers (actually the Bull & Finch).

Ah, the Bull & Finch Pub. Once you get over the fact that the inside looks nothing at all like the set of Cheers, it's a pretty darn cool place anyway. Burgers and clam chowder are excellent too! :yes:

Mmmm, Boston. Gotta go back there again soon.

Nick, did you get to see any of the other sights? Paul Revere's house, the Old North Church, any of the other stuff on the freedom trail? It's a lot cooler to see it all in real life than in a textbook.

flyingcheesehead said:
Nick, did you get to see any of the other sights? Paul Revere's house, the Old North Church, any of the other stuff on the freedom trail? It's a lot cooler to see it all in real life than in a textbook.

I've seen them before. This night we didn't really have much time to do it since we got there so late.

As for a cool place (B&F Pub), I'll say that its something I'm glad I did. I don't know that I'll go back again :D.

Back