Medical with a conviction

B

Bird_Dog90

Hello Everyone.

I’m after a few opinions on the likelihood of obtaining a Class 1 medical with a conviction.

in 2008 (18 y/o) I left the house with my sisters old pain meds (4 pills of hydrocodone) and took them to a house party not really knowing what they were or the severity of what I was doing. Young and dumb hanging out with the wrong crowd basically. The party got busted and the police found the meds on me and I pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance (felony) and served 3 years probation and community service.

A few years back I had my record sealed and have not had a single run in or traffic violation with the law since. I have every intention of declaring this to the FAA and am prepared to jump through all hoops necessary.

My intentions are to work in GA as a CFI or possibly charter operations, not so much airlines.

any and all opinions/ words of advice would be appreciated.

That is extremely minor to get a felony conviction; I know for a fact that likely wouldn't have happened in Ohio, at least for a first offense (friend's kid did much worse).
A sealed or expunged record still exists when it comes to the government, so declaring it or not isn't even an option. You must.
Dr. Bruce Chien would know what hoops you'd need to go through, and he's on this board. You may want a consult with him. In fact, you do want a consult with him.

Don’t forget the TSA either. I’m thinking that they would have some concerns about a felony drug conviction.

Thanks for the response Kenny,

unfortunately the arrest didn’t occur in Ohio. I was ultimately given a differed judgment as a first time offender but the arrest is still on my record.

I’ll seek advice from Dr. Bruce

thanks

:DI misunderstood the title "Medical with a conviction". I thought this thread was going to be about being determined to get a medical, no matter what hoops are in the way.

:DI misunderstood the title "Medical with a conviction". I thought this thread was going to be about being determined to get a medical, no matter what hoops are in the way.
It appears that both meanings are appropriate!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back