Medical Question

Captain

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
First Officer
I'm 42 and need a first class medical.

My last one was in February where I had an EKG.

I let it lapse as I haven't flown in awhile.

So, now I'm going to start flying requiring another first class medical. Do I need to get an EKG now or can I wait till my next one? I'm thinking if I don't do it now Ill have to get another medical in February. If I do the EKG now (October 1st) then Ill be able to wait until April to do the next, right?

Does this all sound about right?

I'm 42 and need a first class medical.

My last one was in February where I had an EKG.

I let it lapse as I haven't flown in awhile.

So, now I'm going to start flying requiring another first class medical. Do I need to get an EKG now or can I wait till my next one? I'm thinking if I don't do it now Ill have to get another medical in February. If I do the EKG now (October 1st) then Ill be able to wait until April to do the next, right?

Does this all sound about right?
You only need an EKG once a year even though you do the First Class every 6 months. The other part seems right.

Right, so if I don't do the EKG now early then come March I won't have an EKG in the previous 12 months so Ill need to do it then right?

Waiting till the April medical would make me delinquent, right?

Right, so if I don't do the EKG now early then come March I won't have an EKG in the previous 12 months so Ill need to do it then right?

Waiting till the April medical would make me delinquent, right?
If you had your last EKG in February you would need one by the end of next February so what you say is true.

You might also try posting this question in the medical topics forum where Bruce Chien will see it (rather than Pilot Training, where I don't believe he often looks).

Back