Medical Question

bluesky74656

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Todd Kooser
My 3rd class medical expired in November, so I'm going to get it renewed as soon as I get back to the States.

I first got the certificate when I was 17. When I was 16 I got a speeding ticket, and in my county almost everyone caught speeding under 18 gets his or her license suspended. Thus, I had to report that suspension in question 18 v. on the medical application. The AME held my application and asked me to provide documentation of the suspension, which I provided, and then I got my medical.

As I understand it, under Ohio law my juvenile records should have been sealed when I turned 18, including the record of that offense. That being the case, I'm I still required to report it on the medical application and bring the documentation?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You've already answered yes to that question. Someone at the FAA will notice if you answer no the second time. Answer yes, but in the remarks you can state, "Previously reported, no change."

Even if your juvenile records were sealed, that affects only criminal law issues. The FAA form is an administrative law matter, and you would still have to answer "yes" and explain even if you first applied for an FAA medical certificate after the records were sealed. Note that "sealed" isn't the same as "never happened."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back