Medical - Previosue DUI

Hey guys,
I got a DUI / MIP when I was 18. I'm 23 now, and the both charges have been cleared off of my record completely. My lawyer said I never have to mention it on a job app or anything else that requests it. I have my medical scheduled for tomorrow morning, and I went ahead and listed the DUI on the medical application form even though I was told I did not have to.

Will this prevent me from/cause any problems in getting the 3rd class?

I am in a very similar situation to you, how'd it go for you? They've had me by the balls for almost a year now for a DUI 5 years past. pm me, let me know what you did or what you are doing. It is a ball crushing process, you can never have too much support in this

Dear "HIMS program"

Thank you for your post. I agree you cannot get too much support during this period. It is physically impossible.

HIMS AME

"by the b_lls" is not quite adequate to describe the situation. It's tighter even than that. "By the brain" would be closer...

NOW, imagine going through that without company medical, and you get sanforce's situation.

Last edited:
Dear "HIMS program"

Thank you for your post. I agree you cannot get too much support during this period. It is physically impossible.

HIMS AME

"by the b_lls" is not quite adequate to describe the situation. It's tighter even than that. "By the brain" would be closer...

NOW, imagine going through that without company medical, and you get sanforce's situation.

oh I don't have a company medical, I am just going for a 3rd class for a private pilot.

Anyone have any experience with lawyers in this regard? I am thinking about making an NTSB appeal with some legal representation.

I really don't want to do the HIMS program since I'm trying to go to Med School and really don't feel like living in a nightmare

Hoo boy. If you're trying to go to med school, it's far more economical to just stand down for five years. Pay for a random urine program in your senior year (concentra or the like) and internship- it's about $40 per, and at the end you'll have plenty of useful testimony on your behalf and be able to prove abstinence.

In fact, once you're there, you can go to the "impaired physician faculty sponsor" and likely be given it for free.

Nobody wants to die before their time. But do I, say, not go skiing because, while I'm driving, a rock might tumble down a cliff, hit the driver's side of my car while I'm going 65 mph, and kill me? Of course not. But I know a surprising number of people who are scared of that very thing - to the point that they shape their lives around it.

I know a few people like that, its really sad.

Yall might find it funny that my mother was furious with me when I took my brother for a 30 minute flight on a bright sunny day. Because I was trying to "kill the whole family"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back