Medical Deferral Delay

Funkeruski

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Funkeruski
I went in for a medical certificate exam on July 25, 2011 and was deferred. I understand the FAA is slow in getting around to paperwork, but is there anything I could do to speed things up?

I have read about calling in three times on non-consecutive days, but will that actually help my situation given that I'm only a little over 30 days out? Also, would it help if I got my AME to call the FAA? Any tips/suggestions appreciated.

I'm a student pilot and obviously cannot solo without this. This glass ceiling is killing my motivation.:mad2:

Last edited:
I went in for a medical certificate exam on July 25, 2011 and was deferred due to medication which I had been taking recently, but had stopped a few weeks before my medical. I understand the FAA is slow in getting around to paperwork, but is there anything I could do to speed things up?

I have read about calling in three times on non-consecutive days, but will that actually help my situation given that I'm only a little over 30 days out? Also, would it help if I got my AME to call the FAA? Any tips/suggestions appreciated.

I'm a student pilot and obviously cannot solo without this. This glass ceiling is killing my motivation.:mad2:

I also wish there was an answer to this. Through research, I already knew that my application was going to be deferred, so I refused to start any training programs other than my own self study or spend any further money while the FAA takes their sweet time. I wish that their online system would show a status of those applications or at a minimum what the expected review time is. :mad2:

I went in for a medical certificate exam on July 25, 2011 and was deferred due to medication which I had been taking recently, but had stopped a few weeks before my medical. I understand the FAA is slow in getting around to paperwork, but is there anything I could do to speed things up?

I'll defer to Dr. Bruce Chien (our resident superhero of AME's) will be along shortly. He will provide the most correct and best advice for remedying the situation. Including how to work with your AME and OKC.

In the mean time, what was the medication, reason for taking it, how long were you on the med, and what additional documentation did OKC ask for?

My prior experience with Special Issuance is a call at 30 days and then weekly requires only 2 calls to get you moved up in the pile.

The number is 405.954.7675

*NOTE* If you were not deferred to Special Issuance, do NOT call the above number.

Funkeruski, my email from this site works. It's probably a med you don't want to put up on screen......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back