Medical Certificate Third Class - Check!!

mulligan

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Mulligan
I was completely worried about exam. Fear of the unknown is way worse then fear of the known.

Filled out my application. Was completely honest as to all issues. Was well prepared by Dr. Bruce as to what to have to be ready.

Walked in to my local Senior AME office for a consult as recommended on board.

Walked out with a Third Class with no SI after a call and short discussion with OKC Doc.

They informed me that if OKC had any additional questions they would be in contact but said see you in two years.

Has anyone ever been contact after an issuance with no SI for further information?

I am so happy and cannot wait to select my flight school and start training. Something I have dreamed about since I flew in Alaska a few times!!

They informed me that if OKC had any additional questions they would be in contact but said see you in two years.

Has anyone ever been contact after an issuance with no SI for further information?

It isn't unheard of for the OKC folks do do some digging on you and then send you letters asking for more info. But the chances of this also depends on the quality of your submission from the AME. If all of the right information is provided, then there is a good chance you're good to go.

If OKC does send you a letter questioning your certificate, be sure to go right to the Senior AME and get his help. Maybe it's something simple. But if it's more complex, then that AME can give guidance on what to go get and how to format the response so no additional worms are released from the can.

Finally, all requests for additional information come with a deadline to get the info back to OKC. This starts the day the create the letter, and you loose a bit of time for the letter to travel to you. So if you do get the letter, don't let it languish in your mailbox. Get right to it.

And congrats on the medical... now go find you a good CFI and get flying.

And since we previously discussed various problematic health issues with you before your exam, use this desire to go fly as a motivator to improve your health. Fixing what's broken now will aid in a well lived life for a long time.

And since we previously discussed various problematic health issues with you before your exam, use this desire to go fly as a motivator to improve your health. Fixing what's broken now will aid in a well lived life for a long time.

Well stated and I'm on the right path!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back