Mechanics, come in here...

gcd89

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Greg D.
I'm taking my Oral's and Practical's on May 20, and I can't help but think I'm under prepared. Anyway I have a question for anyone out there who has an Airframe or Powerplant mechanics ticket.

Does or can the DME provide materials such as the various AC's such as the 43.13 or AC65? I know that they can provide copies of the FAR's, IPC's and stuff like that, but what about AC's?

I'm taking my Oral's and Practical's on May 20, and I can't help but think I'm under prepared. Anyway I have a question for anyone out there who has an Airframe or Powerplant mechanics ticket.

Does or can the DME provide materials such as the various AC's such as the 43.13 or AC65? I know that they can provide copies of the FAR's, IPC's and stuff like that, but what about AC's?

The DME will provide every thing you need to take the test.

Tom-D A&P-IA

It's been so long ago, a really long time. It seems to me that I brought basic hand tools and the AC43.13.

Good luck on the test. I couldn't have found a better business to be in.

Regards, Kevin

I did my test about 11 years ago, he will provide whatever you need to complete each task. It varies from examiner to examiner on what exactly you will be quizzed on. Good luck and if you decide to do it as a profession be ready to live on the road a lot.

Call the DME and discuss this before the test. Most that I have dealt with will supply the materials.

Good Luck!

Best possible advice. I'm sure he'd be happy to let you know what you can and can't bring along with what you need.

Now relax! It isn't that hard;)

I did my test about 11 years ago, he will provide whatever you need to complete each task. It varies from examiner to examiner on what exactly you will be quizzed on. Good luck and if you decide to do it as a profession be ready to live on the road a lot.
Plenty of folks do it without moving around every third week.

Plenty of folks do it without moving around every third week.

Some are lucky enough to land a permanent job. But there are a lot of A&P's that dont and have to move on a regular basis.

Where are those needy A&P mechanics when I'm hiring. 13 years in one place, 10 mechanics, and never a lay-off. I think so many people don't want to move to my beautiful state of Kansas. It could be me!vin

Ke

Where are those needy A&P mechanics when I'm hiring. 13 years in one place, 10 mechanics, and never a lay-off. I think so many people don't want to move to my beautiful state of Kansas. It could be me!vin

Ke

What part of Kansas are you in?

I'm in the south central part of the state in Hutchinson. (N/W of Wichita) We're the outer edge of civilization.

Kevin

Melvin;
Isn't that around where some really weird stuff happened to a sweet young girl and her dog ToTo back in the late '30's??:yikes:
Stuff like that kinda' sticks...

Chris :mad2:

Back