For Sale McCauley 1A101/DCM6948 propeller - SOLD

alfadog

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
alfadog
Good propeller, IMO. No logs. Purchased by my friend who had a prop strike. It arrived painted but I wanted it stripped for inspection before I would put it on the airplane. Also, couldn't read the numbers without taking the paint off. After I got the paint off and checked the TCDS, I realized that he had purchased the wrong propeller. That story follows. Prop looks good and needs only minor dressing that I can do or I would prefer that the buyer take care of it. I put it on the American Yankee to test run the engine at idle after reinstalling the engine and the prop runs very smoothly. There is a little YouTube video below showing a test run. I'll go ahead and take some measurements also but I don't anticipate a problem.

I think it fits some Cessna 150's with the Continental O-200 engine. Probably also an Ercoupe with that engine. Or experimentals.

Asking $900 plus actual shipping. We had the replacement shipped from California to Florida for $80 so shipping should not be too bad. We have a really nice McCauley box to put it in for shipping.

Regarding this propeller cluster you-know-what, before my friend told me about the prop strike, I guess he thought he would be proactive and buy the replacement propeller. He found what he thought was the correct part at Flying Colors Airparts in Leesburg, Florida. He cleaned out his hangar and took a bunch of aviation-related hardware up to Flying Colors to a make a deal on what turned out to be the wrong propeller. I asked him why don't you deal with them and see if they'll make it right for you but he didn't want to so I found him another propeller and purchased it for him.

IMG_20190802_130439353_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190802_130557611.jpg

Last edited:
Propeller is sold thanks to POA. Thanks for playing!

Back