Maybe some of you can use this thing I wrote (Kneeboard generator)

Sigh. If you place your career, family, livelihood, children, job, lovely wife, and eating ahead of helping The Monkey...

Made an update to my kneeboard tool if anyone is interested.
Added a button to grab the most current METAR and TAF from the AviationWeather.Gov API.

I am in the process of automating the tool that populates the database so it is always up to date if I get lazy.

http://preflightdata.com

Made an update to my kneeboard tool if anyone is interested.
Added a button to grab the most current METAR and TAF from the AviationWeather.Gov API.

I am in the process of automating the tool that populates the database so it is always up to date if I get lazy.

http://preflightdata.com
Did you just say that you are automating your tool?

Soon. That's funny.

When someone asks me to something ASAP I put it on the bottom of my task list, since it needs to be done "as soon as possible." If I'm asked about it I just say "it hasn't been possible yet, is there some actual time you need it?"

Added METAR for source and destination airport to the printed kneeboard.

HAHA
Ok, I will work on the multi leg thing.
Its like splitting atoms to get it to work properly.

And I have been drinking beer.
Paid for by @Mrs. J Cranford ;)

Pretty smart, for a Texan! Really looking forward to the multi-leg function.

Multi-leg function or not, I love using your kneeboard generator. I use it for every XC flight.
Thank You.

I am coding now.
Each leg is going to have to be its own piece of paper. These tables get really screwy if they are not completely on a single page.
I am going to get a better pdf converted component that gives me more control of layout, font, etc.

Hooray!! (Oh Boy, I hope it doesn't totally suck.)

It lacks polish and elegance but the core functions are in place now and it wasn't easy.
I will polish it soon.

Sincerely: Thank you, 6PC.
I think this will be a very useful tool and appreciate your effort.

Clark - stop stepping on my responses!! Timing is everything!

Sincerely: Thank you, 6PC.
I think this will be a very useful tool and appreciate your effort.

I did it 86% for you my good man.
Also, Your magazines grace the pockets of my seats. First back pax should be reading them this Sunday!

Clark - stop stepping on my responses!! Timing is everything!
I cannot help the slow response of a Boulderite. They are their own burden in life.

Nice! FWIW I was testing it on my iPhone and it looked pretty good.

Nice, Bryan!

not sure about everyone else, but I personally would prefer to see 'remarks' in lieu of metars. or maybe the option to select one or the other. reason is, I would think most people who use this do so from home and print it. maybe? so by the time u get to your flight, that weather can be pretty old and irrelevant. but the remarks are the remarks, they'll be the same by the time you leave.

not sure about everyone else, but I personally would prefer to see 'remarks' in lieu of metars. or maybe the option to select one or the other. reason is, I would think most people who use this do so from home and print it. maybe? so by the time u get to your flight, that weather can be pretty old and irrelevant. but the remarks are the remarks, they'll be the same by the time you leave.

Maybe I will make it so the metar are on the site only but not the printout.
That would make more sense.

maybe I'll just start ripping pages out of the old AFD I have laying around.

maybe I'll just start ripping pages out of the old AFD I have laying around.
don't know why, but this invokes the image of a scene from "Night at the Opera"... the one that starts with "The part of the first part will hereafter be known as the party of the first part"

You misspelled information in your Anonymous Survey: "Would you pay $2 / year for a mobile app that provides this informaiton this simply?"

Cool app, I'd pay $2 for it.

Only thing is it doesn't give both tower frequencies. KDVT has a north and south tower frequency

Back