Mathias Rust

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Hey, after all the recent talk about Mathias Rust I see that today is the anniversary of his 1987 flight.

Richard said:
Hey, after all the recent talk about Mathias Rust I see that today is the anniversary of his 1987 flight.

Darn you, Richard. I hadn't taken off my glasses(getting seated somewhat close to the monitor), and my first inclination was that you were posting about Martha's Bust; only to learn it was the plane in the square as opposed to the dame with the hair. Oh well................

........today, got the new bird moved from Wiscasset Airport to Auburn-Lewiston Airport minutes before the boomers, spectacular lightning, and torential rain hit. We barely had her tied-down, and got into the Runway Cafe before it arrived(NOT that we need more rain here).

HR

Lawreston said:
Darn you, Richard. I hadn't taken off my glasses(getting seated somewhat close to the monitor), and my first inclination was that you were posting about Martha's Bust; only to learn it was the plane in the square as opposed to the dame with the hair. Oh well................

........today, got the new bird moved from Wiscasset Airport to Auburn-Lewiston Airport minutes before the boomers, spectacular lightning, and torential rain hit. We barely had her tied-down, and got into the Runway Cafe before it arrived(NOT that we need more rain here).

HR

What a hoot. That's funny.

boomers...yes, an apt description. I can almost feel it. At least you were at an aprt...not too shabby.

Back