Market research.

Hmm. A hair over $46k. Sounds like that's what others have said it was worth. ;)

Wait, i don't understand. The multi is a whole different rating right? I mean, it requires a checkride (I think). It's not like my highperf which is an endorsement. Say I bought your plane, how could I fly it home? I can't imagine an insurance company underwriting my policy!

Take a CFI with you...:confused: I'm failing to see difficulty here.:confused:
$1100 was my first year insurance at $40k with 15 hrs dual + 10 hrs dual or solo for 25 total before PIC w/ pax and I had to do my ME check ride in that airframe; that's how I me Betty Faux.;):yesnod:

Last edited:
$1100 was my first year insurance at $40k with 15 hrs dual + 10 hrs dual or solo for 25 total before PIC w/ pax and I had to do my ME check ride in that airframe; that's how I me Betty Faux.;):yesnod:

It should be noted that, whatever year this was, it has probably gone up.

It should be noted that, whatever year this was, it has probably gone up.

I would not be too sure it would be. At 60 hours I had 25 retract already, it was also less than half what the insurance guy could get me covered on a Bonanza for.

I would not be too sure it would be. At 60 hours I had 25 retract already, it was also less than half what the insurance guy could get me covered on a Bonanza for.

And it's a bit more than 1/4 of what my first year was in the Aztec. Granted, my hull value was twice yours. Even still, significantly cheaper. Good luck. Insurance companies don't want to insure low-time pilots in twins, and so you pay for it.

And it's a bit more than 1/4 of what my first year was in the Aztec. Granted, my hull value was twice yours. Even still, significantly cheaper. Good luck. Insurance companies don't want to insure low-time pilots in twins, and so you pay for it.

Insurance guy was amazed as well, had to do with Travelair statistics. Thing is, you're gonna take that first year hit no matter what, may as well do it early if that's what you want to fly. 450 hrs of 172 time does nothing towards reducing your ME rates down the road.

Had some calls and some people talking about looking at it next week. My asking hasn't really changed, if it's not worth someone paying $80-$95, I'll keep it.

I'll gladly give you $96.00 that's $1 more than your asking! I'll even take it with out a prebuy, or seeing it first hand. Please let me know if you're still selling!!

I'll gladly give you $96.00 that's $1 more than your asking! I'll even take it with out a prebuy, or seeing it first hand. Please let me know if you're still selling!!

I sure am, Paypal me the $96 and head over to LZU and pick it up.

Dear Sir,

I am happy to know that your item is still for sale! I find the condition and price to be fair. In fact, I will pay you 50 percent (fifty %) more than you are asking to make sure that nobody else purchases it prior to me. No pre-buy purchase inspection will be required. I will need to know your bank account number, name, address, and social security number.

I will have the money placed in escrow to protect both of us. Then, my delivery company will pick up the aircraft and deliver it to me. Upon my receipt of the aircraft, you will receive the money from escrow.

Please give me the required above information quickly, as we have an urgent need for this aircraft in Nigeria, where I am from.

Sincerely,

Bubba Bukakke

Welcome to the " irrational sellers list of reasons", which also includes:
1. That's what I've got in it.
2. That's what they're selling for in tradeaplane.
3. I figure it only takes on buyer at my price.
4. That's what it's worth to me.
5. If I can't get my price, I'll just keep it.

Are you taking pricing lessons from Tom D.?:rofl:

Had some calls and some people talking about looking at it next week. My asking hasn't really changed, if it's not worth someone paying $80-$95, I'll keep it.

Welcome to the " irrational sellers list of reasons", which also includes:
1. That's what I've got in it.
2. That's what they're selling for in tradeaplane.
3. I figure it only takes on buyer at my price.
4. That's what it's worth to me.
5. If I can't get my price, I'll just keep it.

Are you taking pricing lessons from Tom D.?:rofl:

Ouch.

Anything is only worth what the customer is willing to pay. That said, there is a sucker born any minute. Wait long enough, one might come around. In the mean time Henning has a nice aircraft he can fly all he wants. He claims to really like it, so I can't quite fathom why he's constantly trying to sell it. To each his own, I guess.

Anything is only worth what the customer is willing to pay. That said, there is a sucker born any minute. Wait long enough, one might come around. In the mean time Henning has a nice aircraft he can fly all he wants. He claims to really like it, so I can't quite fathom why he's constantly trying to sell it. To each his own, I guess.

I like the Aztec, but am trying to sell it. Of course, by "trying" I mainly mean "telling people it will be for sale as soon as my mechanics get off their asses and finish this annual."

For us, we don't need the expense of two planes for the small benefit, and the 310 fits our wants and needs better.

Of course, I'm also pricing the Aztec at a price representative of its worth.

Dear Sir,

I am happy to know that your item is still for sale! I find the condition and price to be fair. In fact, I will pay you 50 percent (fifty %) more than you are asking to make sure that nobody else purchases it prior to me. No pre-buy purchase inspection will be required. I will need to know your bank account number, name, address, and social security number.

I will have the money placed in escrow to protect both of us. Then, my delivery company will pick up the aircraft and deliver it to me. Upon my receipt of the aircraft, you will receive the money from escrow.

Please give me the required above information quickly, as we have an urgent need for this aircraft in Nigeria, where I am from.

Sincerely,

Bubba Bukakke

:rofl:

Did you forget you already left one of your planes at LZU? You can come pick up a two-for-one special.

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showpost.php?p=907390&postcount=44

:rofl:

Did you forget you already left one of your planes at LZU? You can come pick up a two-for-one special.

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showpost.php?p=907390&postcount=44

Dear Sir,

Thank you for this reminder! I will be certain to take redelivery of my other aircraft. The G-II is a fine aircraft, worth at least $100,000,000,000. Mr. Wayne can confirm this value.

As you may note on the tail, it says "Reaching Out and Touching Lives." Indeed we do. In Nigeria, we have a firm belief in touching...

Sincerely,

Mr. Bukakke

You are correct. Without the multi rating, you can't fly the plane home solo. More likely you'd bring an instructor along to fly it home with you. At least, that's what I'd do if I were in your position.
Technically I think a pilot could be signed of to solo in a twin without even a ASEL PPL but insurance would be tough to find and most states require a liability policy. There probably aren't many CFIs who'd endorse someone to solo a twin either but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

Henning probably just jumped in the plane and flew it home without a rating or training because, well, he's Henning. And he took off with 17" of ice on the wings. :D
I know that Henning has done at least half of the things he's claimed and even that half is amazing compared to the experiences of us mere mortals.

Technically I think a pilot could be signed of to solo in a twin without even a ASEL PPL but insurance would be tough to find and most states require a liability policy. There probably aren't many CFIs who'd endorse someone to solo a twin either but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

You are, of course, correct and I should have put in that disclaimer. I was signed off to solo my Aztec to my CP-AMEL-IA checkride. It was at another airport, and my instructor wasn't able to make it to the ride. So it was a logical thing to do.

However, we had flown together enough to meet the requirements of signing me off for a solo. I would not sign someone off for flying home a new, unfamiliar aircraft like that. I would want to come along, and turn it into an excellent learning experience for the student.

When purchasing a new aircraft, there are many unknowns. That first flight home could go perfectly, or it could have problems. You just don't "know" the plane well. Therefore, it's something that's nice to first be done with or by someone who has more experience flying than someone who is in the pre-rating stage. In a 172 or Cherokee it might be a bit different since they are very simple aircraft, but when looking at a twin, less so.

You are, of course, correct and I should have put in that disclaimer. I was signed off to solo my Aztec to my CP-AMEL-IA checkride. It was at another airport, and my instructor wasn't able to make it to the ride. So it was a logical thing to do.

However, we had flown together enough to meet the requirements of signing me off for a solo. I would not sign someone off for flying home a new, unfamiliar aircraft like that. I would want to come along, and turn it into an excellent learning experience for the student.

When purchasing a new aircraft, there are many unknowns. That first flight home could go perfectly, or it could have problems. You just don't "know" the plane well. Therefore, it's something that's nice to first be done with or by someone who has more experience flying than someone who is in the pre-rating stage. In a 172 or Cherokee it might be a bit different since they are very simple aircraft, but when looking at a twin, less so.
Agreed. Whether it's a 152 or a 421 I don't think any pilot with zero time in type should ever just jump in and fly a XC trip, with the possible exception of a pilot with considerable experience with a wide variety of types including something quite similar to the one being flown.

Agreed. Whether it's a 152 or a 421 I don't think any pilot with zero time in type should ever just jump in and fly a XC trip, with the possible exception of a pilot with considerable experience with a wide variety of types including something quite similar to the one being flown.

Agreed. :)

I believe you can be signed off to solo a multi-engine as a student pilot, however, I don't think you can be signed off to solo a twin as a single engine private pilot or above because there is no such provision for it in the regs.

Of course, I have been wrong before.

I believe you can be signed off to solo a multi-engine as a student pilot, however, I don't think you can be signed off to solo a twin as a single engine private pilot or above because there is no such provision for it in the regs.

And I'm pretty sure you are this time, too. There is a provision for such things, though I'd have to dig for a bit to find it. As I recall, there are fewer restrictions on a rated pilot who's soloing in a category and class they're not rated for, too.

Sure you can. It's just like being signed off to solo a helicopter as a private pilot or above, which is very common. As I said, I was signed off for it and did.

I thought I had made that clear before. I live in Fort Lauderdale, my parents live in St Petersburg directly on the Tampa Bay with a nice cove and surrounded by a sandbar.

My parents are older and my dad has a short term memory link problem that leaves him asking "What time is it?" "Where are we going?" and like questions every several minutes. My mother is the most fearful nervous worried person in the world and lost most everything including her father and all familial love during WWII. She never experienced love again until she met my father and there is nothing she could possibly be convinced into doing that would have her leave his side for more than 15 minutes, and that would only be with him at home. This means my mother endures the same questions with the stoicism of a nurse that waded through bodies and endured carpet bombing as a child all day long 24/7 with no relief in sight and it's driving her nuts.

An LA-4-200 would make it an easy and affordable task to fly over in 45 minutes, pull up to their back yard at the complex there and spell my mom so she can go out and socialize in groups and outings organized there for some mental relief. Since my father is still fully cognizant and sharp as ever in thought and fluid conversation, I have rather enjoyable visits as I always have.

The compounding factor is I have the availability of a 135 certificate that I could also place the plane on as I also have some niche market charter work I can do with the plane to earn an income with.

Since the 310 is the only capital source I have available to me to affect the purchase and operation of a resource that will serve me a greater benefit, I want to liquidate that into the capital required for the amphib. If that liquidation would prove to be inadequate to meet the new demand it would not make any sense at this point so I won't.

I'm not sure where the difficulty in understanding that is.

Last edited:
You are both correct. I founnd it in AC 61-65E. Endorsement no. 62.

Just one more thing to add to a list of things an old employer used to spout as the truth when he didn't know what he was talking about. It's just something that doesn't come up often, more due to insurance requirements than any thing else. But, if you own the airplane, I can see where it can be used.

Of course after I found the reference and then came back here and read the helicopter example, I thought "Of course dumba$$, how else would you do that."

Forgot to mention that 61.31 (d) is the reg that covers such solo flight. I should have known that one, but I never had a reason to use it.

$80 minus $95 is -$15. Is that dollars or thousands. Either way, I'll take the plane for -$15 or -$15,000.

Oh, and I'll accept your check. I trust you.

So your strategy is to "wait 'til the market comes back" to sell a 50+ year-old twin for a price that is approximately 2x the apparent price being offered? How much will a Lake cost when the GA market recovers to that level?

Since the 310 is the only capital source I have available to me to affect the purchase and operation of a resource that will serve me a greater benefit, I want to liquidate that into the capital required for the amphib. If that liquidation would prove to be inadequate to meet the new demand it would not make any sense at this point so I won't.

I thought I had made that clear before. I live in Fort Lauderdale, my parents live in St Petersburg directly on the Tampa Bay with a nice cove and surrounded by a sandbar.

My parents are older and my dad has a short term memory link problem that leaves him asking "What time is it?" "Where are we going?" and like questions every several minutes. My mother is the most fearful nervous worried person in the world and lost most everything including her father and all familial love during WWII. She never experienced love again until she met my father and there is nothing she could possibly be convinced into doing that would have her leave his side for more than 15 minutes, and that would only be with him at home. This means my mother endures the same questions with the stoicism of a nurse that waded through bodies and endured carpet bombing as a child all day long 24/7 with no relief in sight and it's driving her nuts.

An LA-4-200 would make it an easy and affordable task to fly over in 45 minutes, pull up to their back yard at the complex there and spell my mom so she can go out and socialize in groups and outings organized there for some mental relief. Since my father is still fully cognizant and sharp as ever in thought and fluid conversation, I have rather enjoyable visits as I always have.

The compounding factor is I have the availability of a 135 certificate that I could also place the plane on as I also have some niche market charter work I can do with the plane to earn an income with.

I'd leverage my asset to borrow the funds to get what I wanted for my business, especially if the climate wasn't right to sell said asset. But I guess that's just me, and admittedly I'm no businessman.

So your strategy is to "wait 'til the market comes back" to sell a 50+ year-old twin for a price that is approximately 2x the apparent price being offered? How much will a Lake cost when the GA market recovers to that level?

What's the difference? If it doesn't meet the requirements now or then is completely irrelevant. It'll either happen or it won't.

Now it's getting idiotic
Aw, c'mon - you expect something different? I'm relatively new here and I've already figured out this place is positively thick with amateur lawyers and logicians. :)

My parents are older and my dad has a short term memory link problem that leaves him asking "What time is it?" "Where are we going?" and like questions every several minutes.

Henning, I am very sorry to hear about your father and mother. My parents, now 95 and 90 years old, are undergoing similar problems and I therefore know from experience how difficult life can be under these circumstances. You have my sympathies. -Skip

Dear Sir,

Sincerely,

Bubba Bukakke

Beware! Obvusly a fake. Probably a fraud!!!!! Evry single work is properly spelled and the English grammar is correct.
:lol:

Henning, I am very sorry to hear about your father and mother. My parents, now 95 and 90 years old, are undergoing similar problems and I therefore know from experience how difficult life can be under these circumstances. You have my sympathies. -Skip

If my mom wasn't such a worry wart it wouldn't be a problem. He's completely able to function and make his way around. Since my mom's fear is that if he makes it out the door he'll become lost and the local cannibals will devour him within 15 minutes, she wouldn't allow herself relief, the fact that my dad didn't realize he was doing it (has been denying it for a few years now) didn't help. This time I videoed him telling a couple of the old family stories where he'd get caught in the loop several times. When I was done I let him watch as I went to the bathroom. He finally got it that he really was doing this. That opened the door to do a little work.

I did come up with a small solution that allows mom to send him for a walk without worrying by sending him with a checklist of what he was doing so he could have a reference when he came to a decission point and went back to thought process where he asks "What are we doing?" As soon as he gets back to thought process, he's clear as a bell. So now we have a short term memory prosthesis and mom can let him go out the door without a worry.

Last edited:
Would he carry one of those Spot tracking devices? That might ease your Mother's mind.... -Skip

Back