Market research.

Just buy mine...
2003 PITTS S-2C 75 TOTAL HOURS • $169,500 • NO TIREKICKERSBeautiful 2003 Pitts S-2C. Our S-2C does have damage history but was repaired by one of the BEST Pitts guys in the country. This airplane is nicer than factory new with only 75 hours TT. 100% all new fabric when repaired in 2009 along with plywood leading edges. Magnum engines replaced the crank due to the A/D and rotating assembly was balanced. This engine is smooth as silk. All factory options including smoke, Garmin 250XL nav/com, Hooker rachets rear. If you are seriously wanting a S-2C you will buy this one if you see it. • Contact Shawn R. Hendrickson, Owner - located Brenham, TX USA • Telephone: 979-451-3251 . • Posted April 24, 2012 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger PicturesFinance New Lower Rates!
1x1.gif

Henning, you clapped out that aircraft to the max and never tire of bragging about it. Then you turn right around and try and sell it. Are you certain you're not secretly a bipolar woman trying to fly around on Lithium?

I know nothing about Cessna twins, nor do I ever expect to own one, but

Is the year irrelevant?

Henning, you clapped out that aircraft to the max and never tire of bragging about it. Then you turn right around and try and sell it. Are you certain you're not secretly a bipolar woman trying to fly around on Lithium?

Well then I guess it's a good thing this thread isn't about you're understanding of me.;)

Antique collectors and those conducting genealogy research are probably interested in relics of that time period. Twin buyers, not so much.

Is the year irrelevant?

Is the year irrelevant?

No, it's relevant to the styling details as well as technical changes to the engines and airframe. As to price, not so much so. An airframe greater than 20 years old won't vary much in price by age difference between copies (say a 1960 vs 1970) but will be more heavily graded on time and condition. There are design changes between some years though that effect price and desirability to some extent. Great example is when Cessna went to the wide body 182, there is a significant jump in market prices there.

Much of the price differential you'll see between older planes can be found in the difference in engine times since they basically prorate value to TBO. Avionics make some difference in price point while airframe condition makes little difference in price point however has the largest effect in real value since anything you do to an airframe is a straight cost loss. Paint jobs go both ways, you'll never get your money out of them, but if you need one you might not sell it without.

It's still a very pretty example of a very pretty plane. Best of luck!

John

Definition of full disclosure is different depending on who is doing the disclosing. Many ads use similar techniques. Caveat Emptor.

So why is the year not specified in your ad?

Shawn,

What are you going to use to fly airshows? Are you upgrading?

Extra? :D

I would take out the part about you hiding it from the snatch-man. He might come get it, leave a note saying "payback's a beeotch" :D

Definition of full disclosure is different depending on who is doing the disclosing. Many ads use similar techniques. Caveat Emptor.

My first question would be why is this airplane not properly registered? The Registration pink slip expired over a year ago and a permanent has not been produced. So hence, it's illegal to operate.

Also, why are no FAA Form 337's on file with the FAA concerning all the recent radio mods?

Caveat Emptor indeed.

My first question would be why is this airplane not properly registered? The Registration pink slip expired over a year ago and a permanent has not been produced. So hence, it's illegal to operate.

Also, why are no FAA Form 337's on file with the FAA concerning all the recent radio mods?

Caveat Emptor indeed.

What happens if a pilot flies the plane? What is the penalty?

Same happens whenver you fly an airplane that is not airworthy. A-R-O-W

Caveat Emptor indeed.

This is due to the extremely efficient people at the FAA losing my paperwork not just once, but twice now!:rolleyes2: I have sent everything in for the third time now and still don't have this squared away. If it sells I'll just run it through one of the title/escrow companies to deal with it anyway, I'm tired of bureaucratic incompetence.

What happens if a pilot flies the plane? What is the penalty?

None, you just keep proceeding on the new temporary from the new paperwork you send in after talking with them 5 months after sending it in and still no registration. I'm on my third lap on this merry go round. R&W just showed he has no relationship with the FAA other than being under their authority when flying like everyone else.

Last edited:
Why is/was it registered in Ohio? Was that the previous owner who was supposedly from the southwest US or you? Buyers are obviously going to look up the N-number and have questions. Same goes for the merely curious.

Why is/was it registered in Ohio? Was that the previous owner who was supposedly from the southwest US or you? Buyers are obviously going to look up the N-number and have questions. Same goes for the merely curious.

Because the initial registration was done while I was living Overseas using the address where I was going to keep the plane.

This is due to the extremely efficient people at the FAA losing my paperwork not just once, but twice now!:rolleyes2: I have sent everything in for the third time now and still don't have this squared away. .

BS.gif

All you would have to do is make a phone call if that were true. Another temporary would be issued while they work out any problems.

BTW, I get the "they lost my paperwork" routine often. :nonod:

If it sells I'll just run it through one of the title/escrow companies to deal with it anyway, I'm tired of bureaucratic incompetence.

You still need to prove actually ownership.

BS.gif

All you would have to do is make a phone call if that were true. Another temporary would be issued while they work out any problems.

BTW, I get the "they lost my paperwork" routine often. :nonod:

You still need to prove actually ownership.

What makes you think I'm not on my third temp now? Besides, they don't issue the temp, you keep the pink copy of the form you fill out.

What makes you think I'm not on my third temp now? Besides, they don't issue the temp, you keep the pink copy of the form you fill out.

Because if you had the temp (pink copy) the original (white copy) would have to be on file at OKC to be valid.

It's not.

You need to make a call to OKC, Aircraft Registration. I'm sure they will love to hear from you. ;)

Actually in Henning's case there are violations since he's never bothered to follow up and has been operating with an expired temporary.

And where's the 337's for the avionics work? That doesn't show up on file either.

Be careful out there.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I should forward this to Aviation Classics, they may have fun with it though I doubt they'd bother. Do you really think they did not file the appropriate paperwork, or do you think I tossed that gear in the panel myself?

However, you're right, be careful out there and do your due diligence.

Because if you had the temp (pink copy) the original (white copy) would have to be on file at OKC to be valid.

It's not.

You need to make a call to OKC, Aircraft Registration. I'm sure they will love to hear from you. ;)

They hear from me every 3 weeks now, they're starting to maybe think about actually digging my paperwork out of the stack now.

So you'res saying that we're supposed to read this thread and come away with the feeling that Rotor is the one who's clueless? :rofl:

None, you just keep proceeding on the new temporary from the new paperwork you send in after talking with them 5 months after sending it in and still no registration. I'm on my third lap on this merry go round. R&W just showed he has no relationship with the FAA other than being under their authority when flying like everyone else.

If they haven't gotten the registration updated yet why would I suspect that they would have my 337s on the public record yet?

I'd buy it but I doubt I could get it insured with my 140 hours and no multi rating :wink2: it's a nice looking plane.

I'd buy it but I doubt I could get it insured with my 140 hours and no multi rating :wink2: it's a nice looking plane.

I got my Aztec insured at 225 hours and no multi rating. First year insurance is a pain, and expect to spend about 50 hours with an instructor. You're probably going to want to anyway if you're only been flying fixed gear singles.

With me at 225 hours they wanted 25 hours of dual before I could solo it. No mention of my multi rating. Since I planned on getting my CP-ASEL-IA and then doing the CP-AMEL-IA add-on, I just flew with an instructor whenever I wanted to take the Aztec somewhere, plus of course on dedicated training flights. I ended up having about 275 hours TT when I took my multi ride, with about 35-45 hours in the Aztec. I ended up soloing it to my checkride. Passed the ride, and then went for a celebratory flight with some friends.

So long as you're not in a hurry to solo it, you're fine.

Bought my first twin with 60HrsTT and no multi, the sooner you do it the sooner you're done taking the hit. The hit does not go down with more than 150hrs of non complex SE time, the opposite in fact happens.

Bought my first twin with 60HrsTT and no multi, the sooner you do it the sooner you're done taking the hit. The hit does not go down with more than 150hrs of non complex SE time, the opposite in fact happens.

Wait, i don't understand. The multi is a whole different rating right? I mean, it requires a checkride (I think). It's not like my highperf which is an endorsement. Say I bought your plane, how could I fly it home? I can't imagine an insurance company underwriting my policy!

Yes, multi is a rating. I don't think there is a "ferry" pilot certificate, you have to have the real deal to legally fly it home.

Wait, i don't understand. The multi is a whole different rating right? I mean, it requires a checkride (I think). It's not like my highperf which is an endorsement. Say I bought your plane, how could I fly it home? I can't imagine an insurance company underwriting my policy!

You are correct. Without the multi rating, you can't fly the plane home solo. More likely you'd bring an instructor along to fly it home with you. At least, that's what I'd do if I were in your position.

Henning probably just jumped in the plane and flew it home without a rating or training because, well, he's Henning. And he took off with 17" of ice on the wings. :D

Back