Mark Forums Read

Skip Miller

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Skip Miller
Chuck, whenever I click on Quicklinks>Mark All Forums Read it takes what seems like forever to accomplish this task. This has happened consistently over the last several weeks (maybe longer, I don't remember) and is the only real response issue I have with this software. Also, the response to the same click on the Red Board is much, much faster.

Is there a reason why this task takes so long?

-Skip

The "Mark All Forums Read" here and there are actually two different functions. An apples-to-apples comparison would be using PoA's "Recent Activity" and "Reset Recent Activity Timers", which is equivalent to the New Posts and Mark All Forums Read function at AOPA.

There was a reason for this change. It's buried in some early threads somewhere.

Skip - I've been trying to figure out why its taking so long, but no luck so far. As Brian said, it does not work the same way as at some other forums.

But I'm not spending more time on it because as soon as I get a few hours to myself, I'll be getting the new upgrade installed here and then everything about "New Posts" is going to change anyway. :)

Greebo said:
Skip - I've been trying to figure out why its taking so long, but no luck so far. As Brian said, it does not work the same way as at some other forums.

But I'm not spending more time on it because as soon as I get a few hours to myself, I'll be getting the new upgrade installed here and then everything about "New Posts" is going to change anyway. :)

Thanks for the update... {waits patiently.....]

-Skip

Couple days now - I've finished remodeling my bathroom (YAY, that took WEEKS longer than expected) and am in a slow period at work, so the stars are aligning now to allow me to FINALLY get the last of the changes in place.

And if you're curious (and because I feel like showing off), here are pics of the old and new bath. Unfortunately the old pic is VERY old, taken when I was touring the house before buying, so you can't really see just how ugly it really is, but you can get a hint...

Back