Mapping Airspace NOTAMs

silver-eagle

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
~John
Are there any tools available for mapping Airspace NOTAMs like this?

Boston Center (Nashua NH) [ZBW]:
September NOTAM #47 issued by Bridgeport CT [BDR] Airspace unmanned aircraft WITHIN AN area BOUNDED by: 36 nautical miles on the 194° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 81 nautical miles on the 102° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 75 nautical miles on the 060° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 90 nautical miles on the 070° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 50 nautical miles on the 050° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 90 nautical miles on the 123° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 40 nautical miles southwest of Watertown [ART VOR] 52 nautical miles on the 229° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 37 nautical miles on the 250° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 25 nautical miles west of Watertown [ART VOR] 11 nautical miles on the 102° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 36 nautical miles on the 194° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 13 nautical miles on the 167° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 8 nautical miles on the 146° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 11 nautical miles on the 112° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 83 nautical miles on the 092° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 91 nautical miles on the 109° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 82 nautical miles on the 114° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 37 nautical miles south of Watertown [ART VOR] 38 nautical miles on the 237° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 24 nautical miles on the 258° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 11 nautical miles on the 112° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 8 nautical miles on the 146° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 13 nautical miles on the 167° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 37 nautical miles south of Watertown [ART VOR] 41 nautical miles on the 204° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 53 nautical miles on the 216° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 38 nautical miles on the 237° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 24 nautical miles on the 258° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 11 nautical miles on the 112° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 44 nautical miles on the 095° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 52 nautical miles on the 121° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 50 nautical miles southeast of Watertown [ART VOR] 37 nautical miles south of Watertown [ART VOR] 41 nautical miles on the 204° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] 53 nautical miles on the 216° radial of Watertown [ART VOR] FL180 - FL500 1400 - 2330 daily until February 28th, 2013 at 07:30 PM EDT (1302282330)

Of course, this just happens to be the most complicated of the various ones listed. A automated visual reference would be nice.

The only altitudes I see are FL180-FL500, Class A positive control airspace. I would not worry about it.

At least the TFR Notams have graphics, I'm sure there is one on the FAA web pages somewhere.

The only altitudes I see are FL180-FL500, Class A positive control airspace. I would not worry about it.

At least the TFR Notams have graphics, I'm sure there is one on the FAA web pages somewhere.
That was a sample, not the need. Many of the online flight planners give you rulers you can use but it is still a bear to map it out. I was looking for a quicker way.
I wonder if SKYVECTOR would like to add it as a feature?

Take 1 sectional, 1 plastic plotter, a #1 (soft lead) fat pencil and have at it.

Colorado has ongoing (for years!) NOTAMs that describe military flight paths that zig-zag across the state (and this looks similar and no, these aren't the thin grey lines that describe known military routes) and there's absolutely no online charting I've found.

I have a copy of Destination Direct where I can create user waypoints based on VOR/distance/radial. Then I connect the dots (yea! for rubber banding) on a route using only the waypoints. Once I've got that, I get a screen cap, then put it into any graphic program (e.g. Photoshop Elements) and draw the width of the path, usually 5 nm either side of the route or whatever the NOTAM states.

Take 1 sectional, 1 plastic plotter, a #1 (soft lead) fat pencil and have at it.

Colorado has ongoing (for years!) NOTAMs that describe military flight paths that zig-zag across the state (and this looks similar and no, these aren't the thin grey lines that describe known military routes) and there's absolutely no online charting I've found.

I have a copy of Destination Direct where I can create user waypoints based on VOR/distance/radial. Then I connect the dots (yea! for rubber banding) on a route using only the waypoints. Once I've got that, I get a screen cap, then put it into any graphic program (e.g. Photoshop Elements) and draw the width of the path, usually 5 nm either side of the route or whatever the NOTAM states.
Okay, but should we have to go through all that? Talk about an activity ripe for error! This is the sort of thing that should be covered by the requirements for the NOTAM reform in the Pilots Bill of Rights.

Back