"Man Cave"

I have my own man cave in the basement. It's equipped with bar, restroom, big screen and surround sound.

My house is my man cave.

Ditto.

I was thinking I couldn't permanently let the living room be my play/computer and work room with the lake view, and then I remembered I own this place so I can do whatever da hell I want.

Then this week I read that once again I'm an upscale trendsetter.

Oh, I planned the man cave for downstairs. It was supposed to be the home theater with the pinball machine, etc.

As I told the neighbors, might as well have the block party at my place. Mine has 4 refrigerators and an upright freezer, 2 dishwashers, 2 washers, and 2 dryers. One stove is going.

Last edited:
I own this place so I can do whatever da hell I want.

You got that right. To heck with cookie cutter layout. Do what you want and ppfftthh to anyone who doesn't like it.

One day last year I got sick of the view out my window and did something about it. I just started my house and drove off with the entire thing and found somewhere new with a nice view for a while. I love fulltime RV'ing. There's nothing like being able to park your house in a quiet peaceful state park for a week. :yinyang:

Hmmm. I enjoyed that place. It was nice. And I have a bad case of wanderlust right now. I think I'll go back there again sometime, like, say, I don't know...maybe monday.

Attachments

• IM006509.jpg
    IM006509.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IM006722.jpg
    IM006722.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 38
You got that right. To heck with cookie cutter layout. Do what you want and ppfftthh to anyone who doesn't like it.

One day last year I got sick of the view out my window and did something about it. I just started my house and drove off with the entire thing and found somewhere new with a nice view for a while. I love fulltime RV'ing. There's nothing like being able to park your house in a quiet peaceful state park for a week. :yinyang:

Hmmm. I enjoyed that place. It was nice. And I have a bad case of wanderlust right now. I think I'll go back there again sometime, like, say, I don't know...maybe monday.

Hey everybody! Frank has the man cave on wheels!

Do you routinely get internet service in RV parks these days?

I suppose that will be less of a problem as we're within a year or three of having good wireless bandwidth everywhere.

My man cave is a dark and scary place :p

Actually, my man cave is traditionally in my garage. Usually, its the whole house, but when I have a girlfriend that spends too much time at my house, I go to the garage to get away. No woman wants to come in there, lest I turn on my compressor and shoot air chisels at her. :D

I will have a "man-ish" cave in the basement, but it will be shared.

The hangar, when built, on the other hand is ALL mine, with her absolute understand. She WANTS me to have one...she knows the house is her "girl cave" and I am just a permanent guest in it! :D

the man cave on wheels!

It's fully self contained too. I don't need no steenking hookups to shore connections.

Do you routinely get internet service in RV parks these days?

RV parks are installing wireless since so many RV'ers want it nowadays. If they don't have it today, wait a few weeks or until someone else comes through that has a connection you can tap into. A good friend of mine gets free wireless from most RV parks, walmarts, hotels, other RV'ers, state parks, outside the local sheriff's office (I'm not kidding), and even some truck stops all over the country. Sometimes it's slow or drops out however she has very little problem getting service unless she's in Podunk then she just moves on to where it's available.
I'm using the Sprint Mobile Broadband wireless card that plugs into a USB port. Other than in the middle of absolute nowhere or in the mountains, I've had no problems at all and even then I'll often get a very slow connection...sometimes.

Utah, northern Arizona or the Four Corners?

Close, well, sort of anyway. Would you believe the panhandle of Texas? Palo Duro Canyon 20 SSE of Amarillo. It's a nice little state park some 500ft down in the canyon itself.

Speaking of WiFi service, we were surprised to discover, during a drive from Fort Worth to Denver via Amarillo, how many Texas rest stops have free WiFi.

Guy I know has a big honkin' patch antenna on a pole outside his hangar; I asked him what that was for, and he told me: it's for my Internet access. In response to the logical next question- who was his ISP- he told me, "whoever I pick up- I just aim it at an office building."

...she knows the house is her "girl cave" and I am just a permanent guest in it! :D

Yeah, I'm in the same situation... except I don't have much of a "man cave" to go to. I did turn one of the spare bedrooms into my own office, as did she with another one, so I guess that would count as my man cave. Honestly though, I've never felt that I've needed one, but it has only been six months that we've shacked up.

Speaking of WiFi service, we were surprised to discover, during a drive from Fort Worth to Denver via Amarillo, how many Texas rest stops have free WiFi.

Iowa has it from end to end in their rest stops on I-80 too.

I can retreat to the Owyhee Hotel Hilton and sit on the front porch and read the log books. That is my man cave.

Iowa has it from end to end in their rest stops on I-80 too.
I-35 as well. Almost all of their rest stops have their "modern" label which means they have high speed internet. It is disappointing to cross into another state (like Missouri) after seeing the Iowa rest stops.

Back