Maintenance 08/09/09 12:00am

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
I will be taking the PoA server down to rebuild it with RAID. Expected downtime--about a hour.

Not without a degree from a prestigious university, you don't!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

It'll be worse than Twitter getting DDOS'ed!

Not without a degree from a prestigious university, you don't!
I have a fake. There are two armed guards at the data center checking for degrees as you enter. If you don't have one they walk you into the nearest Burger King and show you the fry machine.

What time? Just as an FYI there is no such time as 12am nor 12pm. There is 12 noon and 12 midnight.

am mean ante meridiem, pm is post meridiem. The Latin word meridiem mean midday. So noon or meridiem is neither post nor ante it simply is. Likewise midnight is exactly 12 hours after and 12 hours before the next midday. Therefore it is both ante and post meridiem. So the use of am or pm is again nonsensical.

I think you are referring to 0000 or midnight.

Had you actually attended a prestigious university you would have been taught Latin and would know this.

Had you actually attended a prestigious university you would have been taught Latin and would know this.

You do realize that like me, Jesse would be not be interviewed at your employer?

(I was interviewed but it was a short interview.)

Last edited:
You do realize that like me, Jesse would be interview at your employer?

(I was interviewed but it was a short interview.)
Well I know that if I knew of something that was open I would be writing you a recommendation and calling the hiring manager to make sure you got an interview. But Jesse, well I mean the guy can't even tell time ;) :D

But yep, as I wrote in those other threads if it was for a cold call I know guys like you would be passed up. Sad, but true. Big companies work that way. I remember being told to only hire guys that have masters degrees. Not 'hire qualified guys'.

Last edited:
What time? Just as an FYI there is no such time as 12am nor 12pm. There is 12 noon and 12 midnight.

am mean ante meridiem, pm is post meridiem. The Latin word meridiem mean midday. So noon or meridiem is neither post nor ante it simply is. Likewise midnight is exactly 12 hours after and 12 hours before the next midday. Therefore it is both ante and post meridiem. So the use of am or pm is again nonsensical.

I think you are referring to 0000 or midnight.

lmfao -- fine -- 0500Z. I'm actually aware of the above argument over what am/pm midnight is. I've just always ignored it and continue to think of it as AM :)

I just arrived at the data center right now though and haven't started yet. It'll be awhile.

Last edited:
The website is back online. Still tweaking the server.

New behavior after maintenance:
The back button on the browser (FF 3.5.2) resubmits a search. In the past, it would jus redisplay the results of the previous search. The search I'm referring to here is the "New Posts" one.

The back button on the browser (FF 3.5.2) resubmits a search. In the past, it would jus redisplay the results of the previous search. The search I'm referring to here is the "New Posts" one.
I can't duplicate that on 3.5.2

I just noticed a few permissions issues that I fixed that were causing problems with attachments. I doubt this was causing your problem but stranger things have happened.

I don't know if the permissions issues were causing it, but it's not doing it anymore. Go figure. :dunno: (BTW, I haven't upgraded this computer to FF 3.5.2 yet; it's still on 3.5.1)

I am also using 3.5.2 and am not seeing that. The back button simply brings me back to the previous page.

Back