Maine Jet Rally 2013

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
It was my intention to attend this annual event on Sept. 07. Other interruptions came about. So we planned for the Sept. 08 date. Inclement WX came about, so we waited it out at Wiscasset, knowing that we had a short window to get into KSFM before the airport would be closed shortly before and during the air show. Finally, we scrubbed the mission. Within half an hour the blue sky began to show, dontcha know! Change of plans: a dinner date which had been on Hold with another party, pending the flight, was enjoyable.

It's just as well the flight got cancelled. After the dinner the new winds almost blew us back to the vehicle. When we arrived back at the house I did a WX check for Wiscasset: 27 kt. Crosswind. That's rather above my minimums.

Anyway, I thought y'all might like to see what Maine Jet Rally is all about.

http://www.mainejetrally.org/

HR

75' wide. A dozen years ago AOPA Pilot magazine(Alton Marsh) did a story on the world's worst crosswind airports. An airport in the Hawaiian Islands was First. I don't remember where #2 was located; but little ol' Wiscasset, Maine KIWI was rated 3rd Worst Crosswind Airport.

HR

75' wide. A dozen years ago AOPA Pilot magazine(Alton Marsh) did a story on the world's worst crosswind airports. An airport in the Hawaiian Islands was First. I don't remember where #2 was located; but little ol' Wiscasset, Maine KIWI was rated 3rd Worst Crosswind Airport.

HR

You're thinking of PHOG (Kahalui, Maui) My winter hangout. The winds there are often, um, challenging, but they are usually consistent without gusts. Why PASN didn't make the AOPA list is a mystery.

Back