Magazine Subscriptions

Terry

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Terry
Hi All:

I admit that I am a book worm. I susbscribe to the following publications and was curious if there were "others" who are addictive to the printed media.

AOPA Pilot
AOPA Flight Training
Aviation Safety (My son's airplane will be in it February or March)
IFR

Please keep the magazines aviation related.

Web:
POA
AOPA
Duats
AvShop
Sporty's
Jeppeson

Terry

I recommend ALL of the magazines I take. IFR and Aviation Safety are two of my favorites.

Terry :rolleyes:

In addition to the magazines you've listed, I read:

Sport Aviation
Sport Aerobatics

and I KEep hearing about a New onlIne "magazine" that's coming up, But I OnLy know what I reaD in the forums.

gibbons said:
In addition to the magazines you've listed, I read:

Sport Aviation
Sport Aerobatics

and I KEep hearing about a New onlIne "magazine" that's coming up, But I OnLy know what I reaD in the forums.

Is that subliminal, Chip? Almost makes sense, but I wonder about your spelling ability. LOL :rofl:

I'm a book worm too but I'm not too keen on mag subscriptions anymore. AOPA Pilot, IFR, and Pacific Flyer are the only three. Keeping it av related I also get the monthly or bimonthly newsletters of the various av groups I support.

Oh yeah, I also keep current Sport Pilot but that is because it's a hand me down from a friend.

I go to websites like landings (owned by Flyer mag) or owner's groups for delving deeper into an article I might see in a mag or for other stories or news.

I belong to an e-mail based Stinson Club and the e-page hosted by John Deakin WRT GAMI-inspired engine mgmt.

gibbons said:
\

Don't need to be a cryptographer to figure that one out.

Greg Bockelman said:
Ahh. Drop the some of the I's.

Yea, I didn't figure anybody would need a decoder ring for that one. I guess I should have made "I's" lower case.

"and i KEep hearing about a New onlIne "magazine" that's coming up, But i OnLy know what i reaD in the forums"

maybe ill just start typing like my kids do on im and not use any punctuation or capitalization and use a lot of abbreviations like dir that parents arent supposed to know

:D

gibbons said:
maybe ill just start typing like my kids do on im and not use any punctuation or capitalization and use a lot of abbreviations like dir that parents arent supposed to know

My wife, who has almost 30 years experience in corporate HR, and I were talking about that just last night. She sees a lot of resumes. Since she works in a town with a large college and an even larger university many of those resumes come from college aged applicants and the majority of them are written in the 'style' you mention. Can you imagine that, handing in an important paper--your resume--written in a style devoid of adherence to rules of proper grammar and punctuation? Many of those kids see nothing wrong with it. While all apps must be processed you can be sure those kid's apps are among the first to be rejected.

Bottom line, Chip. You start typing like your kids do and you might slip a notch on the respectability scale.:)

Magazines:

-AOPA Flight Training
-Flying Magazine
-Plane and Pilot Magazine
-PC World [to help when I'm not flying...learning about new tech. to be integrated in planes such as tablet computers for EFBs]

Web:
-PoA
-LiveATC.net
-VATSIM/VATUSA (Virtual ATC)
-NATCA (Controller Union)
-JFKTower.com
-AOPA/AOPA Member Page
-PilotCast (The show for pilots, by pilots)
-FlightAware.com (web-boards....also asking/answering questions about FlightAware tracking)
-Sporty's

By the end of the month I have 6 magazines waiting to be read, being put on hold. I still have to read last months Plane and Pilot, in addition to Jan. editions of the magazines I mentioned.

I cannot believe I end up having time to read all of the magazines and online postings/publications.

I'm always looking for some more free time....Can anyone find me some more time to read???

Jason

....don't forget- if you are going to invite Mr. Apostrophe, be sure he's used randomly!

HPNPilot1200 said:
I'm always looking for some more free time....Can anyone find me some more time to read???Jason
Yeah, get rid of P&P, like, yesterday. That mag will poison your mind with bad advice. I'm serious.

Richard said:
Yeah, get rid of P&P, like, yesterday. That mag will poison your mind with bad advice. I'm serious.
I don't actually read it :p

I just look at the pictures of the aircraft write-ups they have in each edition. Regarding P&P advice....I have had thoughts of feeding it to my dog. I got the subscription as a gift.

Jason

Richard said:

Private Pilot stopped with the November issue and P&P is now filling the rest of my subscription. Really annoying as my subscription to Private Pilot ran until August 2007.

HPNPilot1200 said:
I don't actually read it :p

I just look at the pictures of the aircraft write-ups they have in each edition. Regarding P&P advice....I have had thoughts of feeding it to my dog. I got the subscription as a gift.

Jason
I had noticed that the a/c performance data would vary from issue to issue or even within the text of the same article. **** poor writing was all I could think of as a reason for that. Dangerous stuff.

Ghery said:
Private Pilot stopped with the November issue and P&P is now filling the rest of my subscription. Really annoying as my subscription to Private Pilot ran until August 2007.
Explain please. Do Private Pilot and P&P share the same owners?

gibbons said:

...dir?

Richard said:
My wife, who has almost 30 years experience in corporate HR, and I were talking about that just last night. She sees a lot of resumes. Since she works in a town with a large college and an even larger university many of those resumes come from college aged applicants and the majority of them are written in the 'style' you mention. Can you imagine that, handing in an important paper--your resume--written in a style devoid of adherence to rules of proper grammar and punctuation? Many of those kids see nothing wrong with it. While all apps must be processed you can be sure those kid's apps are among the first to be rejected.

Bottom line, Chip. You start typing like your kids do and you might slip a notch on the respectability scale.:)

It's the internet, and IM'ing, and texting that are going to cause the ruin of English. wonder if it would be stepping beyone bounds to send a resume back, corrected, with the denial letter?

Hi All:

I have got to jump in here.

My wife is a writer. Nothing comes out without spell check, grammar, punctuation, and proof reading.

Not complaining, she has helped me improve a lot. When we got married I read "Mad Magazine" to keep up with current events. :D

Terry

p.s.> BTW, I am also a published author. B)

woodstock said:
It's the internet, and IM'ing, and texting that are going to cause the ruin of English. wonder if it would be stepping beyone bounds to send a resume back, corrected, with the denial letter?
Elizabeth, you seem to be doing your part. Texting? I'm sure there is a more certain word than that. The other misdeeds in your post are best addressed by others, like Harley, Ken, or Spike.

(Sorry, couldn't resist a little fun.)

Your avitar looks interesting, what is it?

Richard said:
Explain please. Do Private Pilot and P&P share the same owners?

Don't know. I'll have to look tonight. In any case, I did not choose to subscribe to P&P, but had it foisted on me. And I'm not happy.

Ghery said:

I think I timed it right - I sent in my renewal payment and it's never been cashed.

My other magazines:

- AOPA Pilot
- EAA Sport Pilot
- Flying (I had stopped subscribing as it was not at my PP-ASEL level, but I reupped to replace Private Pilot)

Back