Mag shop in the Denver area?

COFlyBoy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
COFlyBoy
Does anyone know of a good mag shop in the Denver area?

We're still having trouble with the left mag. It crapped out a year ago on a trip across Texas. We had it rebuilt in Amarillo and it worked great for a while. Replaced block, coil, condenser, points ... basically everything. One spark plug was found to be bad and was replaced also. (Slick mag, PA-32, O-540)

Now the engine won't start on the left mag. It doesn't fire at all. Over the weekend I disconnected the p-lead and tried starting. Still no joy. It starts great on both mags (within 1 to 3 blades). The mag check at 1800 produces about 75 RPM drop for both left and right mag. Full power mag check does not show any obvious difference. Around idle the left mag is rough.

I'd like to send it to a mag shop to bench test it and verify the impulse coupling is working.

Talk to Ron at Mile High Maintenance: 303 261-4111. If he can't fix it then he will tell you what needs done.

He overhauled my Bendix mag for ~$200 last year...bottom line, he knows mags.

Talk to Ron at Mile High Maintenance: 303 261-4111. If he can't fix it then he will tell you what needs done.

He overhauled my Bendix mag for ~$200 last year...bottom line, he knows mags.

I haven't found anything Ron *doesn't* know!

Got my magneto back from Ron on Friday. He replaced the impulse coupling. We installed it on Saturday and the engine fired up within 2 blades. Sweet! Now we just need to taxi over to the A&P's hangar to get inspected and signed off.

BTW, Clark, I saw your bird in Ron's hangar. That intercooler is gonna be a tight fit.

Got my magneto back from Ron on Friday. He replaced the impulse coupling. We installed it on Saturday and the engine fired up within 2 blades. Sweet! Now we just need to taxi over to the A&P's hangar to get inspected and signed off.

BTW, Clark, I saw your bird in Ron's hangar. That intercooler is gonna be a tight fit.

Glad it worked out for you on the mag.

The intercooler might be a tight fit but the -K fuel system will bolt right on and give me 10% more power for 5 minutes (or until the oil temp or CHT maxes out whichever comes first). The Dakota will have a new gear for "jumping" in the air if'n I want it to...and it will sound just a tad meaner at 2800 rpm vs the 2575 it does now. Hey, what's important here after all?

And he's overhauling both of mine this week (and next) in hopes of finishing by next Wednesday. If not, I gotta cancel the Edwards AFB trip.

brownies. he's getting lots of brownies. fortunately, I walked in this past Monday and handed him the check for the annual.

I saw yours was back in the shop on Tuesday when I stopped by to pick up my tach. Heard the sad tale of fuel in the exhaust system. Maybe the school won't break too many planes and Ron'll get'er done.

Back