Lunch with Anthony

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
We had a great lunch (in the private dining room, no less). Gary and his wife were there and Cap'n Ron came in a flight of four Tigers. I was still airborne when they landed, but I did get to see the flight of four depart -- nice sight!

Anthony got a bonus -- his first ever helicopter ride. In spite of the haze, we did a nice 20-25 minute joy ride before heading back to LNS. :yes:

RotaryWingBob said:
We had a great lunch (in the private dining room, no less). Gary and his wife were there and Cap'n Ron came in a flight of four Tigers. I was still airborne when they landed, but I did get to see the flight of four depart -- nice sight!

Anthony got a bonus -- his first ever helicopter ride. In spite of the haze, we did a nice 20-25 minute joy ride before heading back to LNS. :yes:
No pictures? :(

Toby said:
No pictures? :(

Only memories! Was a fun day, nice meeting some new folks. Good we did it yesterday, today is a wash-out!

Toby, what was the cause of Sweet Pea being stuck, did you get the problem resolved?

Gary

Gary said:
Only memories! Was a fun day, nice meeting some new folks. Good we did it yesterday, today is a wash-out!

Toby, what was the cause of Sweet Pea being stuck, did you get the problem resolved?

Gary
Yes -- Swee'pea needed a new battery. I had it put in in WST, so we should be good for the next few years. I took her flying yesterday, and she started up just fine.

Toby said:
Yes -- Swee'pea needed a new battery. I had it put in in WST, so we should be good for the next few years. I took her flying yesterday, and she started up just fine.
Get one of the Dr. Bruce-recommended desulphaters and make that 5 years!

-Skip

Last edited:
Well, what a pleasure it was to see old friends and FLY IN A HELICOPTER FOR THE FIRST TIME. Thanks to Bob Bruneau!!!!!

It was great seeing Gary, his wife Amy, Bob and of course my Grumman buddies. Ron and his team sure looked good taking off and landing in formation, but I didn't get to see too much else as Bob and I were winging, I mean rotoring (wings that move around) away at 600 AGL over my old homes of Lancaster and Chester County, PA.

Sorry I couldn't see more of you like Adam, Len, Joe, Toby, Jim G., Shipoke, Ed, etc. Hope you guys had a great Christmas!

Thanks guys, it was a pleasure seeing you all! Happy New Year!

P.S. What is that water that falls from the sky and hangs in the air? :)

Toby said:

Good deal Toby. Glad it wasn't the.......alternator, Voltage Regulator, assorted wiring glitches, myriad switches, and.....Gremlins. :)....I've been everywhere man, I've been everywhere....

Did you ever here that Song by Johny Cash, "I've been Everywhere"? Well, that's what my electrical problems used to be like and in fact you can sing the above list of mine to that tune.

Last edited:
Skip Miller said:
Get one of the Dr. Bruce-recommended desulphaters and make that 5 years!-Skip

Santa brought one of those! My Gill is going on 5 years so far, maybe it will make it another 2 or 3 if I give it the de-sulphater treatment!

Gary

Toby said:

That's not too bad... maybe one and 1/2 AU. As Tony mentioned, electrical problems can be a bear, particularly on 30+ year old wiring. Looking forward to the LNS flyin!!

Gary

Last edited:
Anthony, I can just imagine you guys up in that helicopter, zipping around your old neighborhoods. Sounds like you had a great time, and sorry I missed you. I'll be making my first trip to LNS on the 14th, if the weather's good and Swee'pea doesn't have any tantrums.

A couple guys here asked me if my alternator was charging my battery properly, and it is. I just had the whole alternator rebuilt a couple months ago, with all new parts. It'd better be working!

Happy New Year!

Toby said:
Anthony, I can just imagine you guys up in that helicopter, zipping around your old neighborhoods. Sounds like you had a great time, and sorry I missed you. I'll be making my first trip to LNS on the 14th, if the weather's good and Swee'pea doesn't have any tantrums.

Toby. It was great. Helo flying is totally different. You actually get the sensation of moving against fixed objects and terrain. In fixed wing we are so spring loaded to get up and out to a safe altitude. Sometimes if you don't look at the GPS, you'd never know you're going so fast. I tell passensgers we're going over 150 MPH and they don't believe me. In Bob's R22, initially I got the sensation of a gondola at a ski resort. Very cool.

Sorry I missed you too, but we'll be back in April for a wedding and maybe I'll fly the Tiger back.

Glad Swee Pea is OK. Electrical problems can be a pain in the *ss. :(

Back