Lunch suggestion if you're heading north Friday

skyflyer8

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
skyflyr
For anyone flying up through WI on Friday, consider stopping at Central County Airport (68C) near Iola, WI (east central part of the state). This is where you'll find a really popular lunch fly-in every Friday.

This Friday it's BBQ'd ribs, sweet corn, potatoes, and other tasty items. Highly worth a stop. I will likely be there myself, either flying or driving, if I have the opportunity.

Lunch starts at noon and the food's usually gone or nearly so by 1:00 p.m. You'll want to be in line by noon if you can.

http://netnet.net/~wjknjan

This is the place pictured on the front page of the Pilotcast web site.

Last edited:
Hmmm...

Might try to do that on the way up to 6Y9! Thanks for the tip!

Hmmm...

Might try to do that on the way up to 6Y9! Thanks for the tip!

It's definitely worth any extra effort to make it to 68C! The place is, quite simply, aviation heaven. I'm usually on the road still on Fridays so I can't make the regular meals, but once a year they do it on Sunday, and that I can make.

There were so many cool aircraft, from helicopters to a brand-new amphibious 182 to a beautiful old Fairchild, Ercoupes, Citabrias, Cubs, homebuilts... Both the food AND the aircraft will cause a severe drool factor! :goofy: If you show up in a Cessna tin can, expect to be the minority. :)

The side of the hangar says it all: "Built for the love of flying."

I can wholeheartedly recommend this place for lunch. The photo below was taken last november on the way up to Hunting Camp.

Peter

Attachments

• Iola Panorama_small.JPG
    Iola Panorama_small.JPG
    287.8 KB · Views: 9
Back