Lunch/Fly-In - Norman, OK Saturday February 10th, 2007

SteveR

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
SteveR
http://www.wotelectronics.com/flyin/

The field identifier is O44 (Oscar44).

Arrive at 10:00, we'll start eating lunch around noon.

The field is mowed and in good condition. We've always have several nosewheel RV (Vans) experimental aircraft land here with no problems, even which wheel pants, so tricycle gear pilots in fancy planes don't need to be concerned about the runway condition. Arrive at 10AM, we'll start eating lunch around noon. Big Belly BBQ across the street has closed, so we will provide pizza/burgers/snacks/drinks for a small fee...still trying to work out the details on that.

Safe/attentive fly-bys are welcome, we've always done this in the past and everyone really enjoys getting to see a wide variety of aircraft in flight up close. We also end up with a lot of great pictures this way. All pilots are welcome and even encouraged to do a few fly-bys at any time, as long as they are attentive to everything going on in the air and on the ground.

Everyone is welcome. Drive-ins are also welcome if you don't have a plane.

Nice pics, looks like the last one was a hoot!

It was! You should come up...I know at least 4-5 planes are coming from the DFW area. I used to live down there and have several good pilot friends in the area.

Steve,
You should put the date on the POA calendar.:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Hey, I have to admit, I had never even noticed that calendar before! Thanks, Bob!

So, is anyone here planning on coming? I need a rough estimate so I know how much food we'll need.

Bummer! Just up the road but not going to make it in. Maybe a fly by? Good luck and let's hope for great WX for ya.

boy I'd sure think about comming but I"ll be out of the state that day! You guys have fun

Sorry, but according to Airnav: 586.3 nautical miles SW. A little too fir in February for me for lunch.

Sorry, but according to Airnav: 586.3 nautical miles SW. A little too fir in February for me for lunch.

...that just gives you more flight time, which is the whole point, right? I'll put your plane inside overnight.

Steve I am looking for a place in OK that I can have the same type of airstrip. Just a stopover or weekend place. I will be traveling through sometime in Feb I will let you know if it will be at that time. If you know of some land for sale or have a Realtor contact could you e-mail me. dmichls@grantsburgtelcom.net

Dan

Steve I am looking for a place in OK that I can have the same type of airstrip. Just a stopover or weekend place. I will be traveling through sometime in Feb I will let you know if it will be at that time. If you know of some land for sale or have a Realtor contact could you e-mail me. dmichls@grantsburgtelcom.net

Dan

Dan,

I don't know of anything off the top of my head, but I do know there are a lot of private airstrips around here and if you aren't too picky on the exact location, I bet you could find something pretty quick. Are you looking to set up your own small airstrip, or find one that is already established? If you aren't familiar with land prices around here, it is pretty cheap compared to most areas in the country. You can buy land not too far from OKC for $2k-$10k an acre, so setting up your own strip wouldn't require a massive amount of cash.

Let us know if you are going to be in the area, maybe I can give you some help, and there will be people at the fly-in who are a lot more knowledgable than me about this.

What got me started about OK when I bought my 172 it came from Medford. The A&P there said you could just land on the road and pull into your property. I still have not found out if that is true but it would make it nice for a overnight stop on the way down to FL or TX. All I want is a place I know I can stop at. I would have a car there and or a motor home so I could spend the night or maybe the weekend. If I had to put my own strip in rather than land on the road it would be no big deal. I am looking for 20 to 40 acres open worthless ground. I had thoughts of starting an KOA type camp ground for pilots and calling it AOA camp ground.

Dan

Back