Lunch at Sharkey's

gismo

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iGismo
Today Ken Ibold, Gary Ostrander, Alan Benard(sp?), and myself got together for lunch in Venice FL. Ken and Gary brought their whole family as well. I think we all had a good time talking about airplanes and other things. Plus when the kids were sufficiently bored they got to stroll the beach looking for shark's teeth. After lunch Gary and I flew to neaby Bartow to fetch his newly refinished Yankee. I also got a favorable benchpark quote on cleaning up the chipped leading edges on my plane at Gary's paint shop.

Shipoke said:
Well lance where is the picture of the Yankee
Dave
I forgot my camera, but I may get a chance to shoot a picture or two since I know where it's parked (near my plane). I can tell you it looks real sharp. Stay 'tooned.

Wish I could of made it. Glad you didn't end up alone! Make sure there is a next time!

Had a great time with the you all. I just got home in KY; 35 degrees and a 1,000 ' ceiling. Fortunately visibility was good and the approach went well.

I'm looking forward to next time!

Alan said:
Had a great time with the you all. I just got home in KY; 35 degrees and a 1,000 ' ceiling. Fortunately visibility was good and the approach went well.

I'm looking forward to next time!

Brrr! I just talked to a friend back in Mpls and it's snowing again. Maybe I can find a good excuse to stay down here for another week or two. It was good to meet you Alan.

Thank you Lance

I just want to say thanks again to Lance for flying me up to Bartow to get 6291L from the paint shop. It saved Carol a long drive. And as a bonus I got to ride in an aircraft that I can only fantisize about.

And now that 6291L is presentable here is a pic:

109-N6291La.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking plane Gary! Now to keep the bugs off of it:dunno: .
Thanks again for lunch.

Ken Ibold said:
Alan and Gary, nice meeting you in person. Lance, always a pleasure! I enjoyed it, thanks!

I finally made it back to Minneapolis today. I'd planned to return yesterday but the solid line of severe wx draped across the Florida panhandle looked a bit too tough to cross yesterday. Anyway, I'm glad we were all able to get together.

Back