Lucky Me!!

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
It has been really windy and mostly cloudy around here the last few days. Me and Grandpa planned on flying to Topeka (Forbes Field) on Thursday. He has to go to a meeting.
I just checked the weather and it is suppose to be clear with light and variable winds. Woooohoooo!
This will be my first time into Forbes Field and I am really excited about it!

Rudy said:
It has been really windy and mostly cloudy around here the last few days. Me and Grandpa planned on flying to Topeka (Forbes Field) on Thursday. He has to go to a meeting.
I just checked the weather and it is suppose to be clear with light and variable winds. Woooohoooo!
This will be my first time into Forbes Field and I am really excited about it!
Is Forbes a Class C? Be certain to read up on aprt remarks before you go. Airnav is soliciting for a new picture of Forbes.

Cool,

Forbes has a pretty neat museum on the field. There are a couple pretty good restaurants both on the field and within a few minutes nearby.

It's also used by ANG KC-10 tankers, they normally are swarming all over.

I've been meaning to fly out there sometime myself. My brother and his family live just a few minutes from there.

Matt

Richard said:
Is Forbes a Class C? Be certain to read up on aprt remarks before you go. Airnav is soliciting for a new picture of Forbes.

Just checked to make sure again, and Forbes is Class D.

Well,

We went today and had a great flight in the 182! The air was as smooth as can be up at 4,500 on the way there, I don't think we had a bump the whole way.

Rudy said:
Well,

We went today and had a great flight in the 182! The air was as smooth as can be up at 4,500 on the way there, I don't think we had a bump the whole way.
Nice! So let's hear about your ops at Forbes.

Richard said:
Nice! So let's hear about your ops at Forbes.
Ok, Pretty simple

We had traffic advisories from KC center so they handed us off to tower and from there it was basic. runways 13/31 were closed and they had huge air to air refueling tankers along that runway. Wind was right down Runway 21 so we just entered direct left base and were told to make a long landing because there was a citation in the pattern doing touch and go's.
When leaving, ground control was just basic, there was no one to be seen at the field, just us, we took off from the intersection and headed South towards PTS.
Pretty uneventful trip, but it was fun.

Rudy said:
Ok, Pretty simple

We had traffic advisories from KC center so they handed us off to tower and from there it was basic. runways 13/31 were closed and they had huge air to air refueling tankers along that runway. Wind was right down Runway 21 so we just entered direct left base and were told to make a long landing because there was a citation in the pattern doing touch and go's.
When leaving, ground control was just basic, there was no one to be seen at the field, just us, we took off from the intersection and headed South towards PTS.
Pretty uneventful trip, but it was fun.
So was that anticlimatic to your initial excitement of going to Forbes? Or had you not been to that large of an aprt before? Sounds like you had an enjoyable trip.

Richard said:
Or had you not been to that large of an aprt before? Sounds like you had an enjoyable trip.
I have been into a few and i am comfortable with it! I just hadn't had to talk to Tower for quite some time.
It was a really fun trip!

Back