Lowrance Airmap 300 Worth Anything?

tlinett

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
tlinett
I stopped flying back in 2004 and have a Lowrance Airmap 300 GPS for sale. Is it worth anything or is it obsolete? Thanks.

still a good gps. Just don't trust the data base. Airports are still in the same place - if they are still open. Frequencies may have changed, etc.

still a good gps. Just don't trust the data base. Airports are still in the same place - if they are still open. Frequencies may have changed, etc.

Some Airport Identifiers have changed also. Makes some of the airports hard to find.

I still fly with my 600. Too bad I can't get an update for it. Guess that's why I got such a great deal on it back in '09.

I still fly with my 600. Too bad I can't get an update for it. Guess that's why I got such a great deal on it back in '09.

I have a 600C (I think) that came with my Arrow. Will be selling it soon. What would be a good asking price? Complete, original box, includes (active?) antenna.

Don't know. What's the date of the most recent database you have?

EDIT: I paid ~$250 for mine back in 2009. Updates were still available then, but I never bought one. Think mine has a mid 2008 database. Still useable but not reliable for airspace, freqs, identifiers and such.

Last edited:
Don't know. What's the date of the most recent database you have?

EDIT: I paid ~$250 for mine back in 2009. Updates were still available then, but I never bought one. Think mine has a mid 2008 database. Still useable but not reliable for airspace, freqs, identifiers and such.

I will check the database. Looking at eBay, value around $200?

Maybe. Never thought about selling mine, but I'd open the bid at $200 and be flexible to negotiation. Good luck!

Back