low blood presure

U

Unregistered

I have been attending helicopter flight training and have just recently had my class II med cetificate revolked. I have suffered from siatica for a little over 2 years, and just recently had a nerve root stimulator installed. Although this has givin me quality of life back, apearently the good folks at the Med Cert office in Oak City seem to think that the contributs to a defeciency called veleo venticular hypertenson. thats the 75 cent handle for low blood presure. I have not suffered a day in my life with hypertension(until notified that the feds revolked my class II, thus grounding me, and leaving me with a $324,000.00 bill for life time helicopter rides).

My contention is that helicopters don't operate anywhere near an alitude high enough to where this condition can be a factor. I should be able to find a flying job that is somewhere below 10000 msl, and continue on with whats left of my life. I have just recovered from a medical condition that over the course of treatment the first year or so, caused me to lose everything I ever owned.

My stimulator can be turned on and off, so I say no factor. My pain come from standing, not sitting the web of a chair built for a PIC, so I say no factor. I eat healthy, don't drink, just quit smoking, and exercise regularly(I believe in prevention)so I say no factor.

I know the reasoning behind "I'M SAFE", so why can't I be left alone to be a reasponsible individual, and able to make the call as to when pain is at a level that i am not able to fly. O.K., so I have taken up space whining. But can someone please help me brainstorm a way out of this. the regulations regarding neurologic conditions in the Far's is fairly vague when it comes to this type of condition. I have one shot at appeal, its got to be a good one. Any direct comments or questions can be forwarded to me @ the following......steve e-mail.....pullinpitch@hotmail.com.......cell phone 209-409-0892

Unreg, send me an email. My email from this site works.

AME-ATP spine implantation doc....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back